A Seattle-based band, ‘Shiver’ is Too Slim And The Taildraggers’ 16th album with instrumentation of guitar, bass, drums and organ. It’s rockin’ blues with lots of guitar solos by frontman Tim ‘Too Slim’ Langford and a strong rhythm section, with the female bassist, Polly O’Keary, and drummer Tommy Cook. Really nice stuff here. No FCC’s.
*My Favorites*: 1, 6, 9, 10.
1. *(4:36) Mid / Fast. Bluesy, rockin’ guitar, funky bass beat, pounding drums, hollowed-out vocal. Guitar showcasing.
2. (4:56) Slow / Mid. Mournful mood with swirling organ, plodding beat. Mellow guitar leads.
3. (5:06) Mid / Fast. Power rockin’ blues with horns and guitar predominating. Guitar solos, quiet interlude.
4. (4:54) Mid. Catchy, driving southern rockin’ blues. Female backing vocals, horns, guitar with driving beat.
5. (0:48) Quick a cappella gospel number with male and female vocals.
6. *(5:02) Mid. Mellow, featuring organ and backing vocals.
7. (5:58) Mid / Fast. Plodding beat, guitar leads, funky bass. Gets big and loud and rockin’. Fades out.
8. (4:46) Mid. Even-paced song with guitar leads, cowbell strikes, funky bass.
9. *(4:29) Slow / Mid. Mellow song about singer’s relationship with his girlfriend. Cool organ, arpeggio guitar parts. Abrupt ending.
10. *(4:52) Mid. Blues burner with strong guitar solos, driving beat.
11. (4:02) Mid / Fast. Bluesy rocker, channeling that screaming ’80’s male-rock vocal. A real rockin’ jam with feedback and driving beat.
12. (4:31) Slow. INSTRUMENTAL. Guitar dirge with some nice organ parts and percussion.