|Shivers, The / More|
|Add Date:||2011-10-30||Pull Date:||2012-01-01|
|Week Ending:||1 Jan||20 Nov||13 Nov||6 Nov|
|1.||Dec 29, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
Used To Be
|4.||Nov 02, 2011:||Brownian Motion |
Love Is In The Air
|2.||Nov 13, 2011:||Everything. |
I Want You Back
|5.||Oct 20, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
|3.||Nov 10, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
Used To Be
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Some catchy, some sedate, and some lyrically heavy and disturbing stuff here from the Queens, N.Y. threesome. Guitar, bass, drums, keys (with guesting appearances of strings and horns). Sounds of indie and garage, but polished. Lyrics about relationships and life in general. FCC #2.|
*My Favorites*: 3, 5, 7, 9, 10.
1. (0:48) Slow. Minor-key piano solo.
2. (3:29) Mid. FCC.
3. *(4:17) Slow / Mid. Organ drone under sticks on rims, electric guitar. Heartfelt vocal delivery, nicely paced and quite soulful.
4. (3:16) Mid / Fast. Catchy, poppy beat with synth-sounding guitar, driving and cool.
5. *(3:21) Slow / Mid. Slow and steady drumbeat, sparse and a bit dreamy with keys, drums, guitar. Soul, r&b pop sounds.
6. (4:44) Mid. Spacey organ, hollow with vocal way in the back. Very drone-ish.
7. *(4:17) Slow. Pensive picked guitar. Really nice piano. Then enters a march-like drum beat. Heavy lyrics about a relationship.
8. (3:49) Mid. Upbeat, electronic-ish. Cool bass line, plodding beat. Catchy.
9. *(3:59) Slow / Mid / Fast. Organ dirge with guitar, mellow drums. Very sparse. Chorus lyrics delivered rapid-fire. Cool stuff.
10. (4:52) Slow / Mid. Big, epic sound with full band. Great piano, drums, guitar, all of it good.
|1.||My Mouth Is For My Love||6.||Two Solitudes|
|2.||Irrational Love||7.||Silent Weapons For Quiet Wars|
|3.||Kisses||8.||I Want You Back|
|4.||Used To Be||9.||So Long Woman|
|5.||Love Is In The Air||10.||More|