|Lo, Cheikh / Jamm|
|Add Date:||2011-07-10||Pull Date:||2011-09-11||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||28 Aug||21 Aug||14 Aug||7 Aug||31 Jul||24 Jul||17 Jul|
|1.||Sep 20, 2017:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|4.||Aug 23, 2011:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|2.||Jan 18, 2017:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|5.||Aug 19, 2011:||No Cover, No Minimum |
|3.||Aug 26, 2011:||Wee Animalcules |
|6.||Aug 09, 2011:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
The latest release from this Senegalese singer/guitarist is fun, fresh, and full of color. His voice is warm and lively, his style smooth and rich, his band top notch and the music is richly textured without being over-done. Great stuff, all of it. Read the notes for info on each track, most contain powerful messages about the state of life in modern Africa.|
*1. Bright, joyful midtempo jam w/horns & delicious vocals.
2. Slightly gruff vocals, midtempo w/some great work from band.
3. Relaxed sway w/a hint of Congolese beat.
*4. Warm and lazy w/sweet guitar and catchy melody.
5. Slow and warm ode to assassinated Burkino Faso president. Lovely.
*6. Sweet midtempo Cuban-infused African cha-cha.
*7. Spoken word, then horns in a midtempo highlife-infused sway.
8. Sax & percussion lead this relaxed tune w/some fast vocals & chorus.
*9. Light bounce, warm vocals. Serious message but sounds happy.
10. Sweet, simple, lowkey and warm. Really pretty.
|3.||Il N'est Jamai Trop Tard||8.||Bourama|
|4.||Warico||9.||Ne Parti Pas|