|Jeff The Brotherhood / We Are The Champions|
|Album:||We Are The Champions||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Jeff The Brotherhood||Added:||07/2011|
|Label:||Infinity Cat Recordings|
|Add Date:||2011-07-24||Pull Date:||2011-09-25|
|Week Ending:||4 Sep||28 Aug||31 Jul|
|1.||Sun, 03 Jun 12:||Ashleigh & Carly|
A Family Affair
|3.||Wed, 24 Aug 11:||Kyle Palmer|
From the A-File
|2.||Mon, 29 Aug 11:||Wolfee & Hamsterboo|
|4.||Tue, 26 Jul 11:||mr. esq. & mr. beau scowling|
Silly, guitar centered rock that is awesome. Two brothers, one on guitar, the other on drums. Sounds like Weezer done well, and the humor reminds me of Flight of the Concords, with plenty of punk influences. Comparable to Wavves, Best Coast. Has 90s written all over it. Try 1,3,5. FCC violation on 11.|
†1.4:08, Opens with showy distorted guitars, paced vocals. Weezer in the 90s.
2. 2:59, Swift punk number, Ramones style jagged vocals.
†3. 3:33, Midtempo guitar rock with a great riff hook and nonsense lyrics.
4. 2:03, Quick punk rocker again, with some sort of moog line running through.
†5. 2:25, Midtempo, builds on driving guitar line. Cooing chorus. Ends 5s early.
6. 3:12, Keyboard line and what sounds like organ. Sappy, whiny heartbreak song with distorted guitar solo and organ line behind it.
7. 4:46, Jack Whitesque guitar lick alternates with repetitive punk riff chorus.
8. 2:27, Subdued punk number. Quick drum rolls, feedback guitar line.
9. 3:04, Another punky number, subdued guitar-tuned sitar line in background.
10. 3:56, Guitar tuning, ‘round the campfire feel. Tambourine, fizzy sitar, chanting. Wonder where they got THAT inspiration.
11. 3:02, Another Weezer homage. Wasted rocker bum sings to his girlfriend. Funny as hell, but FCC: shit.
|1.||Hey Friend||6.||Endless Fire|
|4.||Shredder||9.||Stay Up Late|
|5.||Diamond Way||10.||Health And Strength|