Literally dug out of the dumpster into which it was thrown in 1983, this album is Trimble aligned with The Cripple Dog band in a low fi bouncing journey spanning honky tonk to psyche weirdness. Elements of Captain Beefheart, Modern Lovers, Beatles and Slade. Huh? You got that right. Great stuff.
1) (0:22) cheesy ancient video game sample
2) (2:13) upbeat hoe-down honky tonk, lifts Beatle’s classic that it takes the title from
3) (3:36) strange mixed up sounds over an epic strummy thing that sounds 70’s soundtrackish, run through a phase shifter, then kicks into urgent pop, “meow”?
4) (2:51) very cheesy 70’s “ballad” feel, but cool
5) (4:32) upbeat, urgent epic, slows with drama and sirens toward end
6) (3:36) “BEST TRACK”? epic riff, almost “hit” quality, sounds familiar, 50 second fade out with old vid game samples, noises
7) (2:48) somewhat bluesy riffage, 12 bar pattern, but steeped in psyche
8) (6:10) cool phase shifted guitar, simple rock drum beat, harmonica adds to a somewhat standard song feel it takes on
9) (3:16) upbeat fun in the sun feel, 60’s beach blanket somehow with kids voices samples “having fun”
10) (2:55) chilled out almost smarmy 70’s
11) (2:52) fuzzy bass and sounds, rockin
12) (0:40) bookend, vid game sample