|Fall On Your Sword / Music From The Motion Picture Another Earth|
|Album:||Music From The Motion Picture Another Earth||Collection:||Soundtrack|
|Artist:||Fall On Your Sword||Added:||08/2011|
|Add Date:||2012-01-08||Pull Date:||2012-03-11|
|Week Ending:||26 Feb||19 Feb||12 Feb||5 Feb||22 Jan||15 Jan|
|1.||Dec 15, 2015:||Clean Copper Radio In Memoriam DOUGLAS TOMPKINS |
The First Time I Saw Jupiter
|4.||Nov 03, 2014:||Clean Copper Radio |
The First Time I Saw Jupiter; End Titles
|2.||Aug 27, 2015:||Galactic Travel Playlist |
|5.||Feb 24, 2012:||There and Back Again |
|3.||Feb 10, 2015:||Clean Copper Radio |
Bob The Robot
|6.||Feb 17, 2012:||There and Back Again |
Naked On The Ice
Fall on Your Sword: Music from the Film Another Earth: Soundtrack to the science fiction movie Another Earth, in which astronomers discover a planet completely identical to Earth—down to the people living on it. The soundtrack accordingly has a sci-fi, synth-heavy feel, while also the dramatic and suspenseful melodies. Fall on Your Sword is an electronic collaboration, with one of the two members a founding member of LCD Soundsystem. Darker, moodier, less synth/melody-driven than the Tron soundtrack (another recent big sci-fi soundtrack). Some great tracks for classical, for noise, or for electronica! FCC clean (all instrumental). Try 1, 5, 10, 15. 19.|
1) 2:54 Deep bass synths, syncopated beats. Dramatic and epic.
2) 1:12 Light, slightly discordant piano on a background of suspenseful synth.
3) 4:52 Stripped-down, moody but slightly aggressive. Mostly light percussion with siren-like synths.
4) 1:46 Mournful and contemplative strings, background chorus, Alberti bass piano.
5) 5:55 Tron-like, with rhythmic, helicopter-sounding synths. And track 5 runs for 5 minutes and 55 seconds? Awesome.
6) 1:23 A doleful piano waltz.
7) 1:54 Washboard-like noise, distortion.
8) 1:37 Viola, with synthesized background soundbed.
9) 1:16 Oriental-sounding instrumental intro, high-pitched violin.
10) 4:14 Deep, really deep bass and beats, with crying violin.
11) 4:22 Light touch of percussion, steady synth pattern.
12) 2:01 Piano and viola ballad.
13) 3:59 Noise, except for deep string melody.
14) 1:19 Piano-only composition, in a minor key.
15) 3:51 Piano chords with both light and heavy synth, and some female vocals.
16) 2:40 A reflective track, with cello melody and a slight noise soundbed.
17) 1:58 Melancholic piano and violin.
18) 1:43 Harmonic vocals, chimes, and big orchestral sounds fading in and out.
19) 5:21 Sounds like gearing up for battle: horns, bass synths, deep percussion.