|Romweber, Dex Duo / Is That You In The Blue?|
|Album:||Is That You In The Blue?||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Romweber, Dex Duo||Added:||08/2011|
|Add Date:||2011-12-11||Pull Date:||2012-02-12|
|Week Ending:||12 Feb||5 Feb||29 Jan||22 Jan||8 Jan||1 Jan||25 Dec||18 Dec|
|1.||Sep 26, 2014:||The Songsmith Show Finale |
|4.||Feb 21, 2014:||The Songsmith Show |
|2.||Jun 13, 2014:||The Songsmith Show |
|5.||Dec 26, 2013:||The Songsmith Show |
|3.||Mar 28, 2014:||The Songsmith Show |
|6.||Oct 31, 2013:||The Songsmith Show |
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Garage / rockabilly / surf / post-punk stylist Romweber first made waves with the Flat Duo Jets in the late ’80’s / ’90’s. Since then he’s had a solo career and, lately, with his sister Sara, as the Dex Romweber Duo. Has influenced many, including The White Stripes. Instrumentation of guitar, drums and some organ and bass. Mostly covers with a few originals. Every song is a must play - Killer Stuff!! No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: Play ‘em all.
1. (2:09) Mid / Fast. ‘Jungle Drums’ jungle beats. Killer punk attitude, kids.
2. (3:14) Mid. Cool tambourine strikes, snare, organ, ethereal sound. Noir meets Morricone. Yeah.
3. (2:57) Mid. INSTRUMENTAL. Surf ditty with a driving beat. Cool, if quick, guitar effects.
4. (3:45) Slow / Mid. Dark and brooding. Slow beat with tambourine strikes, slow menacing guitar. Drawn out vocal delivery.
5. (2:05) Mid. Billy Boy Arnold classic from 1955. Done here with huge drums and blazing guitar soloing. Kickin’ some serious ass.
6. (3:26) Slow / Mid. Guitar intro then brushes on drums. Dark, post-punk piece.
7. (2:13) Mid. ’50’s r’n’r stylings with only vocal and acoustic guitar. Great vocal delivery.
8. (3:18) Mid. Upbeat rockabilly, gets driving with killer drum strikes, plodding guitar with soloing.
9. (3:06) Slow. Title track. Dreamy, echoey organ. Kind of a ’50’s high school tune with Dex crooning it up good.
10. (1:51) Mid. INSTRUMENTAL. Mean guitar with a mess of a drum kit. Killer.
11. (2:31) Mid. Johnny Cash song. Hypnotic guitar phrasing, drums with hi-hat.
12. (1:46) Mid. Reprise of song #5. Echoey vocal, Latin percussion styling.
13. (3:18) Mid. Marching drumbeat, slowly strummed guitar, big projecting vocal. Drumbeat gets plodding halfway through with heavy cymbal strikes. Returns to marching beat.
14. (2:49) Slow. Plodding beat, slowly strummed guitar. Crooning vocals. Nice.
|2.||The Death Of Me||9.||Is That You In The Blue?|
|3.||Gurdjieff Girl||10.||Climb Down|
|5.||Wish You Would||12.||Wish You Would (Reprise)|
|6.||Midnight Sun||13.||I Remember Darling|
|7.||Homicide||14.||Think Of Me|