|Popovich, Ana / Unconditional|
|Label:||Eclecto Groove Records|
|Add Date:||2011-08-21||Pull Date:||2011-10-23|
|Week Ending:||28 Aug|
|1.||Thu, 25 Aug 11:||Sunshine|
|2.||Wed, 24 Aug 11:||Kyle Palmer|
From the A-File
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Some top-notch guitar playing by Ana Popovich on this, her eighth album. Guest appearances by Sonny Landreth on guitar (2nd slide on song 5) and Jon Cleary on organ and piano (all but song 8 & 10). Instrumentation of guitar, bass, drums, keys, harmonica, horns and backing vocals. She plays a mean slide guitar, has some strong pipes and a tight band. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 1, 2, 5, 10, 12.
1. *(3:16) Mid. Killer slide guitar, piano, drums. mean vocal delivery. Good stuff.
2. *(4:54) Mid / Fast. Handclaps, harmonica, driving and insane. Rockin’.
3. (3:53) Slow / Mid. Title track. Cool guitar, piano, plodding beat.
4. (3:38) Mid. Organ intro. Almost a copy of The Band’s ‘The Weight’, mellow with some nice singing.
5. *(5:23) Fast. INSTRUMENTAL. Really has that Allman Brothers sound. Rockin’ and slide guitar heavy. Strong drumming, cool organ undercurrent.
6. *(3:23) Mid. Vocal showcase with killer guitar interludes. Insane swirling organ.
7. (4:16) Mid. Bass, guitar and drums all funky blues with some backing vocals.
8. (4:02) Mid. Classic by Nat Adderley / Oscar Brown, Jr. Steady rollin’ beat with guitar solos.
9. (4:36) Mid. Mellow easy jazzy blues with soft cymbal strikes, backing vocals.
10. *(4:12) Mid. Serious funk: funky bass, funky guitar, funky beat. Cool lyrics.
11. (6:33) Slow. Sparse with organ, soft drums, minimal guitar.
12. *(2:53) Mid. Upbeat and rockin’. Great organ, drums, guitar. Killer.
|1.||Fearless Blues||7.||Your Love Ain't Real|
|2.||Count Me In||8.||Work Song|
|4.||Reset Rewind||10.||Voodoo Woman|
|5.||Slideshow||11.||One Room Country Shack|
|6.||Business As Usual||12.||Soulful Dress|