|Kane, Candye / Sister Vagabond|
|Label:||Delta Groove Music, Inc.|
|Add Date:||2011-08-21||Pull Date:||2011-10-23||Charts:||Blues|
|Week Ending:||9 Oct||25 Sep||11 Sep||4 Sep||28 Aug|
|1.||Sep 29, 2018:||blues with a feelin' |
You Can't Hurt Me Anymore
|4.||Oct 06, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
I Love To Love You
|2.||Nov 22, 2014:||Music Casserole |
|5.||Sep 22, 2011:||(Last Day Of) Summer-Time Sunshine |
I Love To Love You
|3.||Jun 07, 2014:||Music Casserole |
|6.||Sep 08, 2011:||Happy Hour |
Walkin', Talkin' Haunted House
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Candye Kane teams up again with guitarist Laura Chavez (from Mountain View) for an album full of American genres such as jazz, country, zydeco, all encapsulated by the blues. Also helping out is Stephen Hodges (Tom Waits) playing drums on songs 3, 4 and 7. With about 20 albums to her credit, Candye has won numerous awards and tours the world. Some good, fun stuff here. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 1, 3, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12.
1. *(3:35) Mid. Lots of soul here with some killer staccato guitar soloing. Cool echoey mic sound.
2. (4:07) Mid. Classic R&B sound. Horns, percussion, organ, guitar solo.
3. *(4:05) Slow / Mid. Swampy mood, plodding beat. Killer.
4. (4:38) Slow / Mid. Sparse, really has that haunting sound. Song of lost love.
5. *(3;54) Mid. Country swing, cool piano. Nod to Bob Dylan ‘you go your way, I’ll go mine’.
6. (4:24) Mid. Blues harmonica, steady beat, great vocal performance.
7. *(4:02) Mid. Jazzy blues with nice guitar, ominous sound.
8. (2:48) Mid. Jumpin’ jazz with horns, male backing vocal. Fun stuff.
9. (2:47) Mid. Initially has that Albert Collins ‘I Ain’t Drunk’ beat. Female duet. Nice.
10. *(4:45) Mid. Sultry, loungey, jazzy blues. Gets rockin’ halfway through. Cool daddy.
11. *(3:51) Mid. Upbeat zydeco with accordion and horns. Great end song.
12. *(3:17) Slow / Mid. Sparse, acoustic guitars, bass. Good stuff.
13. (3:26) Mid. Old sounding blues with harmonica. Slow then gets driving. Good times.