|Zito, Mike / Greyhound|
|Label:||Eclecto Groove Records|
|Add Date:||2011-08-28||Pull Date:||2011-10-30|
|Week Ending:||2 Oct||25 Sep||18 Sep||4 Sep|
|1.||Oct 28, 2014:||funk to folk |
Show Me The Way
|4.||Sep 23, 2011:||Time Traveler |
|2.||Jan 10, 2014:||Funk to Folk |
|5.||Sep 16, 2011:||Time Traveler |
|3.||Sep 30, 2011:||Time Traveler |
|6.||Sep 02, 2011:||Time Traveler |
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Mike Zito has been producing albums since the late ’90’s and finds him here playing some nice rock ‘n’ roll with a bluesy touch. Standard instrumentation of guitar, bass and drums. From the liner notes, Mike’s done some hard living and some of these lyrics may be a reflection of this. Nice production and some good, solid playing. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 3, 5, 6, 7, 9.
1. (4:06) Mid. Plodding beat, straight-ahead r’n’r with drums, bass and a bit of guitar soloing.
2. (5:01) Mid. Title track. Kind of a retro rock feel, maybe John Mellencamp. Good beat with some nice guitar work.
3. *(5:44) Mid. Guitar intro, then band. Slight mic effects lending a bluesy feel. Guitar predominates with some nice soloing and strong drumming.
4. (4:15) Mid. A bit sparse and understated with some backing vocals. Cool bass lines.
5. *(4:33) Slow / Mid. Bluesy with a plodding beat and cool guitar effects. Long solo midway through.
6. *(3:55) Slow / Mid. Acoustic slide blues ballad, sparse and quiet. Killer.
7. *(5:32) Mid. Steady drum beat, guitar has an Allman Brothers feel. Mellow, easy-going song.
8. (4:16) Mid. Big drum, distinctive guitar work, rockin’ and bluesy.
9. *(3:52) Mid. Sparse with chopped guitar and really cool drumming. Almost an eerie sound with good vocal delivery.
10. (3:59) Slow / Mid. Laid back ballad type song with some backing vocals, well done.
11. (5:26) Slow. R&B sound, very sparse and quiet ballad with vocal out front. Great guitar soloing.
|1.||Roll On||6.||Motel Blues|
|3.||Judgment Day||8.||Until The Day I Die|
|4.||Show Me The Way||9.||Hello Midnight|
|5.||The Hard Way||10.||The Southern Side|
|11.||Please, Please, Please|