|Add Date:||2011-09-11||Pull Date:||2011-11-13||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Oct 30||Oct 23||Oct 9||Oct 2||Sep 25||Sep 18|
|1.||Dec 26, 2012:||New World Disorder
Dub Echoes Theme
|4.||Jun 09, 2012:||New World Disorder
Jah Me Guia I Feat. Jeru Banto
|2.||Jun 30, 2012:||New World Disorder
Pirates Game Feat. Earl Sixteen
|5.||Dec 31, 2011:||New World Disorder
Dub Echoes Theme
|3.||Jun 23, 2012:||New World Disorder
Dub Echoes Theme, Liga Legalize Feat. Jeru Banto
|6.||Oct 27, 2011:||Happy Hour
Your Love Is Overdub Feat. Brinsley Forde
Reviewed by Sadie O., 9/8/11
Terrific Roots Rock Reggae from Brazil. Digitaldubs are Brazil’s only truly world-class Reggae act (band and dub production unit) and have appeared on a lot of great international compilations, but this is their first full release outside Brazil. Features vocals from top international stars as well as the cream of Brazilian Reggae vocalists. These guys are REALLY GOOD – enjoy!
1. 4:55 ***downtempo, slinky, syncopated, supercool roots dub. Just good!
2. 3:51 ***downtempo skank with Rastafarian toaster rant.
3. 4:05 ***swingity boppity midtempo bubble, vocals in Portuguese by one of Brazil’s biggest Reggae stars.
4. 3:35 ***midtempo bubble, sweet-voiced socio-political rant.
5. 3:44 ***groovy midtempo one-drop with horn section and vibes. Instrumental.
6. 3:31 ***slinky and exotic minor-key skank, dancehall toast in Portuguese.
7. 4:05 ***downtempo dubby bubble with female chorus, fine vocals in English by Brazilian star.
8. 3:27 ****fun, rather ponderous and a bit blatty midtempo dub, just full of tasty sounds. Best out of a slab of killer tracks!
9. 3:31 ***dubby little sad love song, tweets and cuica, but no bottom end for almost the first minute. Still quite groovy, relaxed…
10. 3:45 ***thumpy and woobly syncopated electronic dub, dancehall vocals in Portuguese (but with an obvious message.)
11. 3:32 ***echo-laden dub instrumental with lots of percussion.
12. 4:00 ***downtempo dubby, blatty skank, enjoyable vocals in Spanish (? Doesn’t sound like Portuguese...)
13. 3:39 ***slow, swingy skank, toasted rant by Ranking Joe.