We Are Augustines: Rise Ye Sunken Ships: Debut from this Brooklyn-based alt rock group. The band members have gone through hell rising above their rough backgrounds and dealing with music label drama to get this album through. Very unique male vocals, sounding kind of strained and pained, but still pleasant to listen to. FCC clean. Try 3, 1, 11, 9, 7
1) 3:09 Catchy guitar & synth riff, shakers and slow & steady drums.
2) 4:15 Lightly strummed guitar, slightly whispery vocals in the intro, gets more confident and rich-sounding as the song progresses.
3) 4:30 Tinkled piano and rapid drumming intro, loud vocals and guitar. Catchy chord progression.
4) 5:00 Heavy guitar chords, with light strumming overlaid on top
5) 3:00 Acoustic guitar strumming with vocals. Simple and melodic. Heartbeat drum outro.
6) 4:20 No percussion until 2:40; echoed vocals, with conventional guitar work and percussion. A ballad of dysfunctional family life.
7) 4:18 A more hard rock sound to this track; heavy guitar instrumentation and strained vocals.
8) 3:55 Rapid and steady drums, calming guitar riff.
9) 3:21 Alternating between guitar and drums taking the lead, with relatively calm vocals.
10) 3:02 Acoustic guitar intro, gets ever so slightly distorted toward the end.
11) 3:08 Smooth piano, and aching vocals.
12) 3:51 Instrumental horns, bass, steady drums. Deliberate, mid-tempo.