Album:Rite Of Passage
Label: Dire Life Records-Self Record Label
Electric guitar, lots of it, uptempo grooves. Very hectic, fast. Strong vocals that complement the song nicely. Something about this artists is he blends many different styles together, including punk rock, souther boogie blues, and garage-soul vocals. Drums are on point very tasteful. Highlight for me was the unpredictable guitar break downs.
1. Rite OF Passage-Downtempo start that opens up to mid tempo groove. Very creative switch, then goes to straight up up tempo feel. Vocals come in sounds gives you a mystical effect. (3:12)
2. At Large- Very distant guitar to start it off, very good build up gives way to mid tempo groove. Lots of cymbals and drums. Drums are the highlight for me on this. Hollow guitar in background. (4:20)!
3. Quitters Face- Uptempo, contained drums, extremely nice hooks and lyrics. Got a drive fast feeling to it. keeps the listener attentive throughout song. (4:06)****
4. Destitute In Vestibule- Dominating guitar, fast drums, very uptempo track, although lyrics give a downtempo feeling. Nice break downs. Highlight for me was guitar around 1:00 min and beyond. Very complicated and creative. (5:01)
5. Privilege- Slow harmonizing guitar to start it off, minimal feel to this one, has a very slow feeling not many instruments besides the guitar in this one. Rustic lyrics. Very creative.(3:25)
6. Anger And Envy- Bluesy feel to this one, dominating guitar with building drums in the background. experimental blues music. Worth listening to even if you don't like rock music, (4:32)
7. 27 Club-Uptempo, wailing guitar, weird feeling to the lyrics on this one, changes his tone of voice. very full production, lots going on in there. (3:09)
8. My Morticia- Dragging electric guitar, that gives way to very uptempo track, extremely fast drums, lyrics are very complimentary to the guitar and drums. On point. For those who don't know what a Morticia is, its a gay nickname for a fellow homosexual with an erotic interest in death........interesting. (2:54)
9.Torture Chile- BLUES FEELING, feels like your sitting on a footstep in Mississippi listening to this guy on this one. Very intimate with the listener. Switches tempo a couple times. Paints pictures in your head. (3:39)**
10. Unearthly Sky- Rock feeling to this one, uptempo, got a very noisy feeling. Dominate guitar and hefty drums. Vocals are heavy. Highlight for me was guitar solo around 1:15. Extremely nice break down. Feels like your bouncing off the walls. (5:14)