|Burbank International / Warthog|
|Label:||Architects & Heroes Records|
|Add Date:||2011-12-11||Pull Date:||2012-02-12|
|Week Ending:||29 Jan||15 Jan||8 Jan||18 Dec|
|1.||Jan 27, 2012:||Modern Donkey - Special Edition |
|3.||Jan 03, 2012:||Modern Donkey |
Liquor Crush, D
|2.||Jan 10, 2012:||Modern Donkey |
|4.||Dec 14, 2011:||Brownian Motion |
Burbank International / “Warthog” / Architects & Heroes Records |
Heavily synthed electro-pop. Apparently inspired by a thorough frisking/interrogation at an airport, and is centralized around the feeling of paranoia. Nice lightly distorted male vocals on most tracks. Frequent use of electronic beats and synths. Often downtempo and easy to listen to, pleasing ambient sounds. Occasional sampling of talking relating to airport security. Despite occasional moments of heavily layered discordant sounds, most songs are quite melodic/catchy. No FCCs detected, potential bleeping on track 3, uncertain. Favorites include: 2, 4, 5, 7.
1. 5:35 Sample of people talking about airport security interspersed, begins a little scrambled but morphs into a steady electro-pop beat.
2. *4:53 Spacey feel, light male vocals, mostly percussion & synth keyboards. Soothing.
3. 4:48 Uptempo drums, mixed male & female voices. No FCC but sounds like something may have been bleeped (@ 00:41, 2:12). Ends w/random poppy bit.
4. *4:35 Military-esque drumming, dreamy synths/layered-singing on top. Builds nicely, evokes image of choppy sunlight.
5. *2:25 Strummed guitar in beginning, high-pitched ooh-ing. Slower, but strong beat ensues, nice big piano chords.
6. 5:05 Scattered noise in beginning, no real melody emerges until 1:30, slow beat with horns and synth strings, layered discord in middle, resolves to simple vocals/guitar. Kind of a nice journey all in all.
7. *3:52 First half a bit like a slower distorted Okkervil River number. Downtempo electro beat hits halfway through but melody returns nicely. Probably most accessible-to-all track on album.
8. 2:38 Cover of Tiffany’s “I Think We’re Alone Now”. Muted vocals, lo-fi “Let it Be” feel at beginning with piano, second half introduces electronic samples/synths. Nice!
|1.||Search My Bag||5.||Shotgun|
|3.||The Other Side||7.||Fireworks|
|4.||Liquor Crush||8.||I Think We're Alone Now|