|Various Artists / Delhi Belly|
|Add Date:||2011-10-02||Pull Date:||2011-12-04||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||13 Nov||6 Nov||30 Oct||23 Oct||9 Oct|
|1.||Apr 26, 2016:||It's Bollywood, It's Hollywood |
I Hate You (Like I Love You)
|4.||Jan 20, 2015:||It's Bollywood, It's Hollywood |
|2.||Sep 08, 2015:||It's Bollywood,It's Hollywood |
|5.||Nov 11, 2014:||It's Bollywood, It's Hollywood |
|3.||May 12, 2015:||It's Bollywood, It's Hollywood |
|6.||Oct 14, 2014:||It's Bollywood, It's Hollywood |
Delhi Belly (Bollywood film)|
Delhi Belly is a Bollywood that released in July 2011. The music from this film is totally eclectic & unexpected. The songs are in Hindi,Punjabi & English.Wonder if the music composer Ram Sampathlistened to SF Bay area’s Dan The Automator’s Bollywoodinspired tracks along with Bollywood songs from 1970s and 1980s.
Try 1, 4,6,7,8,9,10.
1. DK Bose is the name of this track. Has an infectious beat that has abit of Rock N Roll & Western popular music edge to it. Can you hear it?
2. There is a little bit of everything going on here. Disco/Pop/Rock/Quwali.
3. Saigal Blues is homage to KL Saigal, a famous Indian singer from the 1930s. Think of Saigal as the Lead Belly of Hindi film music.The song has a modern edge to it
with electric guitar. The music in this track reminds me of David Lynch’s film “Wild At Heart.” Remember the tunes from that film? Slow & languid.
4. Powerful female voice singing a folksy tune. Catchy.
5. Fast & modern. Reminds you of the surf music of The Ventures. Who said surf music had no influence in Bollywood?
6. Mellow & lai-back sound.
7. Switty, which I suspect is Sweety. Sung in Punjabi this track has a strong bhangra edge to it.
8. This is how you announce the song. I Hate You and d in brackets Like I Love You.This is a crazy tune that combines old & new sounds & is an infectious track.
It has a little bit of everything disco,funk, teeny bopper sounds & quawali. This songdefies categorization when it comes to Bollywood music.
9. A remix of track #4 but rendered a little diff & had a harder edge to it. Folksy tunes + Electronic/trance = this current track.
10. Switty Punk mixes up punk elements with bhangra & Indian elements & the result is an interesting track. Fast with an edge to it. Sung in Punjabi.
Kamla July 1, 2011