|Black Sabbath / Master Of Reality (Deluxe)|
|Album:||Master Of Reality (Deluxe)||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2011-10-02||Pull Date:||2011-12-04||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||27 Nov||20 Nov||6 Nov||30 Oct||23 Oct||16 Oct||9 Oct|
|1.||Mar 13, 2020:||KZSU Training Hour |
|4.||Aug 08, 2018:||Brownian Motion |
Lord Of This World
|2.||Jul 31, 2019:||Brownian Motion |
Lord Of This World
|5.||Jul 18, 2018:||Brownian Motion |
Children Of The Grave, Orchid
|3.||May 01, 2019:||Brownian Motion |
|6.||Jun 27, 2018:||Brownian Motion |
Lord Of This World, Orchid
One of THE heaviest albums of the 70s, and still arguably one of the heaviest of all time. Slowburnin’ heavy. Epic heavy. Sludgy heavy. Every delicious kind of heavy you could ever want. Tony Iommi tuned his guitar down three half steps in ‘71, and presto, some of the greatest stoner anthems of all time were recorded. It’s being resurrected because this is a remastered version with an ENTIRE FUCKING CD of bonus tracks. (The bonus tracks are orgasmic for Sabbath nerds, but not recommended for airplay unless you enjoy bits of studio chatter at the beginning of songs.) Tracks 1, 2, 4, 6, and 8 are the heavy metal classics, headbangin’ galore, with the others being two interludes and a somber ballad (7). There’s something in here for everyone.|
1. (Cough! Cough!) Essential stoner anthem, sticky and slow
2. Hilarious to hear Ozzy sing blatantly Christian lyrics. Riffs are surprisingly catchy.
3. Brief guitar interlude, leads nicely but not directly to next track.
4. CLASSIC SABBATH TUNE. PLAY THIS NOW.
5. Short classical guitar interlude.
6. ALSO FUCKING CLASSIC, one of the best songs about Satan ever written.
7. Ozzy is sad because he has no friends; a pretty flute and minor chords accompany him.
8. SLOWWWW and absolutely badass riffs all the way through. Also this song is about blasting off into outer space—a crucial detail for this album’s loyal stoner audience.
Disc 2 (Bonus Tracks):
1. A bizarre (previously) unreleased song with uneven riffs and Ozzy singing clearly fucked up out of his mind, almost unintelligibly. Not very essential.
2. Rough studio outtake version of “Sweet Leaf”
3. Same deal, also instrumental, of the following track.
4. RAW AND HEAVY outtake version of “Children…” (rehearsal maybe? but still fucking good)
5. Instrumental version of previous song
6. Exactly what it says: outtake with count-in
7. Really weird rehearsal version of classic tune with studio chatter and weird additional accompaniment
8. Outtake version with studio chatter
9. Rough mix of “Into the Void” with totally different lyrics
review by D. Cannibal