|Pestilence / Doctrine|
|Add Date:||2012-02-05||Pull Date:||2012-04-08||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||26 Feb||12 Feb|
|1.||Feb 23, 2012:||Sound and Fury |
|2.||Feb 11, 2012:||Catharsis: for Phil Mathieu (1961-2012) |
|Guest DJ Account|
Old school death metal from the Neatherlands,second full length since their comeback in 2008,making this their 6th full length in all. Sounds nothing like bands earlier output,and is unreconizable as a Pestilence release. Styles exhibited on "Doctine" are a homogenization of modernized death metal,jazz/fusion elements and double bass drum galore , mosh riff redundancy.|
PLAY NEXT TO NEW MATERIAL FROM ATHEIST OR DEICIDE.
01. "The Predication" (2:00) :Two mins.build up intro of fervently spoken latin in what sounds to be a cathedral.
02. "Amgod" (3:33) Technical approach to a choppy mosh track
03."Doctrine" (3:07) Title track on album picks up the pace slightly more then previous track and exhibits more of a metal groove consistency
04. "Salvation" (3:40) Ominous build up to the most old school song on album showing off jazz/fusion death metal elements that they were almost known for.
05. Dissolve"(3:39) Sci-fi cosmic echo of an intro , music kicks in at the 33 sec. mark with crushing riffs ,song doest change pace much.
06. "Absolution" (3:38) Stop and go mosh riffs with technical seasonings.
07."Sinister" (3:58) Double bass drums time to shine/very mid paced modernized death metal track
08."Divinity" (4:06) Almost fake hardcore sounding mosh intro that last the 33 secs mark cutting into the most straight forward old school death metal track on album.
09 "Deception"(3:57) Lots of tech jazz/fusion speed mixed into song.song ends at 3:25 with the rest of track being somber grunts of song title.
10. "Malignant" (Hammering double bass drum intro leads the way into a pound attack of the ears.
11. "Confusion" (3:54) Solo galore laced song end early at the 3:41 mark.