|Sleep ∞ Over / Forever|
|Artist:||Sleep ∞ Over||Added:||10/2011|
|Label:||Hippos In Tanks|
|Add Date:||2011-11-27||Pull Date:||2012-01-29|
|Week Ending:||22 Jan||15 Jan||8 Jan||18 Dec||11 Dec|
|1.||Tue, 16 Oct 12:||DJ Cat|
|4.||Fri, 06 Jan 12:||miss information|
|2.||Tue, 17 Jan 12:||Ins|
|5.||Sun, 11 Dec 11:||Edwin|
lost and found
|3.||Tue, 10 Jan 12:||dj noname|
|6.||Wed, 07 Dec 11:||Your Imaginary Friend|
Dream pop/shoegaze from Stefanie Franciotti of Austin, Texas. Really fine songcraft with nice goth/witch house undertones. Angelic vocals and priceless synth lines. A great album. |
RIYL: jj, M83, Cough Cool, Salem, bands with a † or a ▲ in their name
1. Eerie intro. Free-floating synth and flutes with distorted hums.
*2. Retro with great chipper synth lines. Gorgeous vocals.
3. A dark blast of drone (30 seconds) fades into a slow-building synth landscape.
4. Beautiful vocals and drum machines manage to perfectly capture that ineffably epic, movie-credits quality.
*5. Midtempo. Beautiful layered vocals and murky gothic synthesizer lines.
6. Ringing drone. Cosmic effects. Spooky as hell.
7. Muddled synth dripping with nostalgia. Dissolves into ten seconds of silence and then a blast of noise.
*8. Hell yeah! Prince-era 808 drum machines and a sparkly synth landscape where vocals float in and out of focus. Amazing.
9. 24 seconds of random sound effects and static.
10. Slow pounding drums, echoey vocals. Witch house for sure. (WARNING: There is a fake ending at 3:05…but the song returns at 3:50…at half tempo. DJ Screw anyone?)
|1.||Behind Closed Doors||6.||Cryingame|
|2.||Romantic Streams||7.||Flying Saucers Are Real|
|4.||The Heavens Turn By Themselves||9.||Untitled|
|5.||Casual Diamond||10.||Don't Poison Everything|