|Hecht, Robby / Last Of The Long Days|
|Album:||Last Of The Long Days||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Old Man Henry Records|
|Add Date:||2011-12-04||Pull Date:||2012-02-05|
|Week Ending:||1 Jan|
|1.||Dec 30, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
From Knoxville, TN, this is Hecht’s second album. It’s folky singer / songwriter stylings with instrumentation of guitar, bass, drums, keys, organ, accordion, et al with backing female vocals on most songs. Songs have fairly similar tempos and kind of blend into one another, but it’s really good stuff. Very thoughtful lyrics. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 10.
1. *(3:37) Slow / Mid. Airy with mellow guitar, female backing vocals, bells, brushes on drums.
2. *(3:56) Mid. Good song for a drive, easy-going beat, tambourine strikes, piano, accordion.
3. *(3:43) Mid. Guitar, drums. Accordion lends a nice vibe. Song about being 30.
4. (2:32) Mid. Sparse at first with guitar and vocal, female harmonizing. Full band with 0:50 remaining.
5. *(3:34) Mid / Fast. Upbeat, despite lyrics. Driving song with heavy drums, guitar, keys.
6. (4:10) Slow. Spacey with organ, very dreamy, droney. Organ, drums, guitar.
7. (3:08) Slow. Mellow, acoustic guitar, moody organ. Great cello.
8. *(3:50) Mid. Beautiful harmonizing, over easy-going mellow groove.
9. (3:49) Mid. Picked guitar, organ. Male / female trading verses and harmonize. Nice.
10. *(3:33) Slow. Sparse guitar and organ with male and female vocals. Very nice.
|1.||Time And Again||6.||It Doesn't Matter Anymore|
|2.||Real Someday||7.||Hold My Head Up|
|3.||Thirty||8.||A Reckoning Of Us|
|4.||Pot Of Gold||9.||If I Needed You|
|5.||The Hard Way||10.||Never Let Go|