|Neon Indian / Era Extraña|
|Artist:||Neon Indian||Added:||Oct 2011|
|Add Date:||2011-11-20||Pull Date:||2012-01-22|
|Week Ending:||Jan 22||Jan 15||Jan 8||Jan 1||Dec 25||Dec 18||Dec 11||Dec 4|
|1.||Jan 07, 2020:||Magnetized Toner: Favorite Songs of the Decade [2010 - 2019] Part 1 |
|4.||Mar 08, 2017:||¡deep storage! |
|2.||Jun 04, 2019:||Grapevine |
|5.||Dec 02, 2016:||Time Traveler |
Halogen (I Could Be A Shadow)
|3.||Jul 20, 2017:||butterscotch memory |
|6.||Jan 20, 2015:|| In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand [W1502] |
The Blindside Kiss
Neon Indian is a chillwave band from Texas spearheaded by Alan Palomo. He mixes smooth, breathy male vocals and dance-y synth arrangements. For a chillwave icon, this album isn't actually very chill; the synths are very prominent and range from Daft Punk to Flying Lotus. Every song is incredibly catchy, danceable, and usually upbeat. Neon Indian radiates fuzz, energy, and a warm peppy glow. |
RIYL: Washed Out, Toro y Moi, Starfucker
1. Short, intensely dramatic intro track. Blistering synths. If you want an absurdly intense intro to your show, choose this during your first mic break
2.* Fantastic dance track. Heavy beats that are driven by a jingly 8-bit synth riff. Signature breathy vocals
3.* Fuzz and guitars with nice synth accents to cut through the chaos. 50s rock. Full bodied wall of sound. Last 45 seconds fade out
4. Pop song emerges from a melange of synths. Classic Neon Indian with bursts of distorted synth.
5. The relaxed reprise to track 1. A single central keyboard with some swirling miscellanea. Good micbreak music
6. This track puts the chill back in chillwave. Hazy, midtempo, with a strong beat and shimmering synth. Relatively clean and sparse.
7. Dramatic and slightly cheesy build up. Mostly instrumental with vocal accompanyment.
8. Upbeat New Wave romp. Instrumentals are not crazy but melodic and well arranged. A reverb-y wall of sound straight out of M83.
9.* Builds from a simple, but funky 8-bit groove. Cheesy background vocals; relatively stripped down , but still dance-y and varied.
10.* Undulating synth winds throughout the track. Slamming beats and crazy effects/distortion. The last minute or so is straight out of Flying Lotus
11. Reprise of 1 and 5. Slowly crescendoes into a funky dance beat. No vocals, ends 20 seconds early
12.* Clearly focused on vocals rather than crazy synth wizardry. Catchy vocals reminiscent of indie-pop rapping (a la Voxtrot). Sample saying “what, what” is randomly sprinkled in.
|1.||Heart: Attack||7.||Era Extraña|
|2.||Polish Girl||8.||Halogen (I Could Be A Shadow)|
|3.||The Blindside Kiss||9.||Future Sick|
|4.||Hex Girlfriend||10.||Suns Irrupt|
|5.||Heart: Decay||11.||Heart: Release|
|6.||Fallout||12.||Arcade Blues (Single)|