|D'mar & Gill / Real Good Friend|
|Album:||Real Good Friend||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||D'mar & Gill||Added:||10/2011|
|Add Date:||2011-10-16||Pull Date:||2011-12-18|
|Week Ending:||27 Nov||13 Nov||23 Oct|
|1.||Nov 24, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
|3.||Oct 20, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
|2.||Nov 10, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
Real Good Friend
|4.||Oct 06, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Direct from Mississippi, Derrick ‘D’mar’ Martin and Chris Gill showcase their playing prowess as percussionist and guitarist. D’mar plays mostly congas and helps on backing vocals while Gill plays some really nice guitar, including some killer slide, and does the lead vocals. They acknowledge the great Mississippi blues players and have a sound quite unique and magnetic. There’s nothing flashy about it, it’s just simple and sounds just great. Any song worth a play. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 1, 3, 5, 6, 9.
1. *(3:45) Mid. Congas and slide guitar predominate. Steady rollin’ beat.
2. (3:43) Mid. Willie Dixon tune. Cool percussion, really sparse, with both guys singing.
3. *(6:37) Slow. Shout outs to blues legends. Hollow slide, slow, plodding conga beat.
4. (3:33) Fast. Upfront slide, driving beat. Nice drum solo.
5. *(3:42) Mid. Upbeat, steady rollin’ boogie. Plodding, bright beat with backing vocals and a kazoo!
6. *(3:39) Slow / Mid. Relaxin’ groover complete with whistling.
7. (3:44) Mid / Fast. Killer folky blues, with nice slide and some great conga pounding.
8. (4:00) Slow. Dirge, and it’s all slow and soulful.
9. *(3:44) Mid. Mellow and magnetic, great for a long drive.
10. (4:21) Mid. INSTRUMENTAL featuring some nice slide and some great drum soloing.
|1.||Runnin' Wild Blues||6.||Harmony Street|
|2.||My Babe||7.||Two More Days|
|3.||Real Good Friend||8.||Tore Down|
|4.||Maybe Baby||9.||Mississippi Honey|
|5.||Crawfish Boogie||10.||International Bluesstomp|