|Lindell, Eric / West County Drifter|
|Album:||West County Drifter||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Lindell, Eric||Added:||Oct 2011|
|Add Date:||2011-10-24||Pull Date:||2011-12-26|
|Week Ending:||Dec 25||Dec 18||Dec 4||Nov 27||Oct 30|
|1.||Dec 22, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
I Ain't Supposed To
|4.||Nov 24, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
It's So Hard To Believe
|2.||Dec 15, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
|5.||Oct 27, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
I Ain't Supposed To
|3.||Dec 01, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
|6.||Oct 13, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
It's So Hard To Believe, Sentimental Lover
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Two albums (Cazadero, 2011, and Between Motion And Rest, 2010) packaged as one release here as West County Drifter. Lots of influences including blues, jazz, rock, folk, reggae, really rootsy. Instrumentation of guitar, lap steel, bass, drums, organ, piano, horns. Lindell is from Northern California with several releases. There’s some really good stuff going on here. Features Delbert McClinton blowing harp on CD1, #1. Two Curtis Mayfield covers on CD1. Ivan Neville plays organ, piano on all songs of CD2. Great performances by all throughout. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: CD#1: 1, 2, 3, 4, 9, 10. CD#2: 11, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18.
1. *(2:03) Mid / Fast. Upbeat as all get-out featuring Delbert McClinton on the harmonica. Great performances all the way round: harmonica, bass, drums, guitar. Killer.
2. *(3:32) Mid. Bright, mellow, with a nice beat. Clarinet sounds great as does the resonator guitar and upright bass.
3. *(2:40) Mid. Curtis Mayfield song, no wonder it’s really soulful. Piano, clarinet, drums, guitar. Great cover.
4. *(2:44) Fast. Stop / start phrasings with swirling organ, kicking drumbeat, sax.
5. (3:13) Mid. Another Curtis Mayfield song. Driving beat, electric guitar with leads, organ, cool lap steel. Guitar has that classic Allman Brothers sound.
6. (2:55) Mid. INSTRUMENTAL. Lots of lap steel, resonator guitar, piano, bass, drums.
7. (3;23) Mid. Jazzy reggae beat. Horns, guitar, drums, bass.
8. (2:44) Slow / Mid. Blues drag. 1:00 before vocals enter. Killer piano, lap steel. Disjointed beat.
9. *(3:48) Mid. Upbeat, driving with clarinet, drums, guitar, upright bass. Cool.
10. *(1:25) Mid / Fast. INSTRUMENTAL funk, featuring organ, guitar, drums.
11. *(5:01) Mid. Bluesy with harmonica, organ, guitar predominating. Good stuff.
12. *(2:50) Mid. Easy going, upbeat bluesy rock ‘n’ roller. Crisp guitar with understated organ in back of mix sounding great. Driving beat.
13. *(2:43) Mid. Jazzy, bluesy rocker. Horns, piano, guitar with nice beat.
14. *(4:06) Slow / Mid. Late night soulful jazz. Plodding beat with horns, piano, drums. Cool, mellow funky guitar solo.
15. (3:13) Mid. Upbeat with horns, guitar up front with some backing vocals.
16. (2:46) Mid / Fast. Upbeat rocker. Driving beat, slight country sound. Very cool.
17. *(3:28) Mid. Soulful, bluesy mourner. Horns up front. Great stuff.
18. *(3:42) Mid. Upbeat funky, bluesy rocker. Driving beat. Cool horns soloing to end.