|Razika / Program 91|
|Add Date:||2011-10-24||Pull Date:||2011-12-26|
|Week Ending:||Dec 18||Dec 11||Nov 27||Nov 20||Nov 13||Nov 6||Oct 30|
|1.||Oct 24, 2014:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles |
|4.||Aug 27, 2013:||Meow |
|2.||Jul 17, 2014:||Head North |
Vondt I Hjertet
|5.||May 31, 2013:||the mystery hour |
Taste My Dream
|3.||Feb 19, 2014:||Femme Fatale |
|6.||Jul 25, 2012:||Meow After Midnight |
Taste My Dream
Reviewed by Hervey Okkles
Sunny, unbelievably catchy Norwegian girl-group, still in their teens. (The album's title is a reference to their birthyear.) Interpolate between the post-punk of The Raincoats and the sludgy treacle of ABBA, add some ska-y backbeat, and you basically have it. Innocent and pristine. (Also, bilingual: English tracks-1,2,4,6,8,11. Norwegian tracks- 3,5,7,9,10.)
Everything here is superb, with unworldly hooks. No FCCs.
RIYL: Tallulah Gosh, The Raincoats, Liliput, ABBA, The Slits.
1. (3:11) *** Light sugar pop, with perfectly placed "doo-doo-doo"s all over.
2. (2:13) ** Cover of 1966 Norwegian group, The Pussycats. Merseybeat swing with insistent edge.
3. (3:35) ** Sweetly sad intro, gets perkier and '70s loungey as it progresses. Sparse choral break at 2:50.
4. (3:10) **** Punkier. Grabbier. But just as sweet and catchy.
5. (3:37) ** A Gary Lewis and the Playboys-type melody, saccharine and doofusy, in the best way.
6. (2:17) ** Spookier sound, with squawks-- a minor-key discotheque-type song. Weird echoes.
7. (2:46) ** Darker swaying, still insistent.
8. (3:41) Pipier vocals, maybe a little too strident.
9. (2:47) *** Twangy Caribbean guitars, vocals pop right along. "Dah, laddy-dah-dah" break towards end. Rattling drum throughout.
10. (2:01) Pushy, right from gates.
11. (5:06) ** Acoustic chanson-type song. Sadly wafting "fa-la-la"s.
|1.||Youth||6.||Nytt På Nytt|
|2.||Why Have We To Wait||7.||Eg Vetsje|
|3.||Vondt I Hjertet||8.||Above All|
|4.||Taste My Dream||9.||Hvem Skal Tro På Deg Nå|
|11.||Walk In The Park|