|Tobias Lilja / Delirium Portraits|
|Add Date:||2012-03-24||Pull Date:||2012-05-26|
|Week Ending:||27 May||29 Apr||15 Apr|
|1.||Sat, 26 May 12:||dj noname|
the gilded youth
|3.||Sat, 14 Apr 12:||derrick|
no voices aloud
|2.||Sun, 22 Apr 12:||Nox|
The Crooked Spoke Adjacent
|Gorilla Man Jr.|
Delirium Portraits is serene and morose electronic music, lush and occasionally dancy. Tobias Lilja sings on almost every song, and provides the distinctly calm feeling of the album, despite its occasional uptempo beats. FCC Clean, and I recommend tracks 2 & 4.|
1. Spineless: uptempo, plunky synth background. Vocals provide the order and balance. More on the electronic than dancy side (6:13).
2. **North: a muted echo dance beat in the beginning. As the beat builds, the voice swoons subdued. Nice mix of dance and chill (7:31).
3. Love Song: ringing piano chord electronic. (6:53)
4. ***Birthday Cake: Cool swooping electronic effects. Midtempo, melodic vox (6:10)
5. All Ears: More of a slow, eerie piano song. Not super electronic (3:07).
6. Our Noise: I think there might be some scissors in this song. Cool spooky electronic, slightly upbeat (5:18).
7. Ellen’s Theme: Pretty instrumental piano number (2:21)
8. No Death Star: Driving downbeats and continued dark vocals. Builds to some interesting places. (5:32)
9. These Bells: Begins,appropriately with low bells. Takes about 5 minutes to build into a dance beat (9:58)
10. Morocco: Finishes with a similar type of song. Sustained sighing vocals, and moody electronic in the background (5:59)
Reviewed by Gorilla Man Jr. 2/23/12
|3.||Love Song||8.||No Death Star|
|4.||Birthday Cake||9.||These Bells|