|Merrily And The Poison Orchard / Time And Hell|
|Album:||Time And Hell||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Merrily And The Poison Orchard||Added:||Oct 2011|
|Add Date:||2011-12-11||Pull Date:||2012-02-12|
|Week Ending:||Jan 8||Jan 1||Dec 18|
|1.||Dec 28, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
|4.||Dec 29, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
Fifth Of July
|2.||Apr 13, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
I've Been So Good
|5.||Dec 15, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
I've Been So Good
|3.||Jan 05, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Merrily Ruth Rosso grew up in Portland, Oregon and played with her sister in a filbert orchard. Years later her sister developed leukemia, and, eventually died, undoubtedly from the pesticide testing which was conducted in that very orchard. This album is dedicated to Merrily’s sister and it is a fine one. Instrumentation of guitar, bass, mandolin, drums and keys, and Merrily’s beautiful vocals. It’s folky, rootsy stuff and all spectacular. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8.
1. *(2:59) Mid. Upbeat, jolly romp. Frantic drumbeat, cool organ.
2. *(4:17) Mid. Organ intro then sparse drums, guitar, bass. A near whispered vocal delivery. Quite alluring.
3. (3:04) Mid. Echoey vocals around a bluesy, worldly jaunt.
4. *(4:27) Slow / Mid. Beautiful piano, delicate cymbal hits. Mellow and jazzy.
5. *(3:03) Mid. Title track. Upbeat with mandolin, drums. Very cool.
6. *(3:09) Mid. Upbeat jaunt. Great drumbeat, nice guitar work.
7. (1:57) Slow / Mid. Ominous minor key. Beautiful piano with backing vocals (her own).
8. *(3:30) Slow. Minor key, dark piano, dark, bluesy guitar. Hauntingly heartbreaking and sublimely beautiful.
|1.||Tightrope Walker||5.||Time And Hell|
|2.||I've Been So Good||6.||Fifth Of July|
|3.||Monte Vista||7.||Phoenix At Night|
|4.||Postcard||8.||Goddam Wonderful World|