|Artist:||Mates Of State||Added:||Oct 2011|
|Add Date:||2011-10-30||Pull Date:||2012-01-01|
|Week Ending:||Jan 1||Dec 25||Dec 18||Dec 11||Dec 4||Nov 27||Nov 20||Nov 13|
|1.||Mar 01, 2023:||Some Songs Without Words
|4.||Apr 20, 2013:||Double Helix
|2.||Jun 01, 2013:||The Tetris Effect: Alpha
At Least I Have You
|5.||Apr 13, 2013:||New Haven New Mayhem
|3.||May 11, 2013:||Sphagna Rhianna Arcadia
|6.||Oct 18, 2012:||A Family Affair
try: 2, 3, 4, 6
1. (4:55) ~2 sec to start, gets loud at 20. triumphant indie 'ooh's (better than 'phantom limb'!), padded drum machine, hard hitting snare. exuberant doesn't even begin to cover it. ~30 drum outro cuts off abruptly.
*2. (3:22) fucking weird pushy alien funk synth with an oddly catchy beat, slide whistle effects, bangin' piano and unexpected falsetto. do a silly dance to this.
*3. (3:35) midtempo and pompy fanfare riff. heavy drum hits. cute poppy harmonies. essentially a funky disneyana march.
*4. (5:21) mellow, slowish balladry ("you'll learn to live without me"). deep pattery hand drums, plinky "doo"s and windswept washy harmonies. could have fallen off the lion king soundtrack.
5. (3:40) hand-snapping cabaret fast saloon piano. clearly a kanga line was in mind. adorable girly girl pre-chorus and slurry moving & melodic chours. sweet and melancholy vox + piano outro.
*6. (3:33) boppy sticky vibes. harsh rapid-fire rainbow 8-bit synth. i can't even place what 80s pop song this reminds me of. it's better. "let's make a cold idea warm in the back of the basement"? oh my.
7. (3:34) FCC "fucking" melancholy piano-drive high school era reachy heart-squeezer. rapid 'la la's and that old-l.a. garage guitar the raveonettes and the kills like to use. the first verse is about leaving a party to drive around and listen to music in your car. et cetera.
8. (2:47) plinky spoons percussion. lone note-at-a-time sweet electric, strings, rocking chair esque. country cabin mourner.
9. (2:38) downbeat and deliberate, crushing vox overlay, melodramatic swell. repeated lyrics: "change is gonna come".
10. (4:01) easy midtempo, syncopated piano a la the charlie brown play. cool twined male + female vox. unexpectedly sweet arching midsection, horn. darling, actually.
|2.||Maracas||7.||At Least I Have You|
|4.||Unless I'm Led||9.||Changes|