|Gramatik / Beatz & Pieces Volume 1|
|Album:||Beatz & Pieces Volume 1||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Pretty Lights Music|
|Add Date:||2011-10-30||Pull Date:||2012-01-01||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||25 Dec||18 Dec||11 Dec||4 Dec||27 Nov||20 Nov||13 Nov||6 Nov|
|1.||Thu, 31 Oct 19:||DJ Postnatal|
I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants
|4.||Sat, 19 Jul 14:||Scout and Skipper|
|2.||Wed, 10 Dec 14:||Friggz|
|5.||Sat, 05 Jul 14:||Scout and Skipper|
|3.||Sat, 02 Aug 14:||Scout|
|6.||Sat, 21 Jun 14:||Scout|
Gramatik-- Beatz and Pieces Vol 1|
Off of Pretty Lights label, Gramatik blends together disco, funk, house, and beauty into some pretty amazing songs. Mostly chilling and swaying, this album is BAUM. So much great chilling music, big soothing bass and awesome sampling. Most of the songs are looped, so don't expect this to be a roller coaster. Imagine a jazz bar with people eating molly? Eh.
NO FCC's Picks: 4, 5, 11, **17**
1.(5:04) Super chill track, simple but melodic. Perfect for mornings or late nights. Some cute psych rocky sampling.
2. (5:02) Little squirrels chirping prayers at you. Bass, loops, yum.
3. (4:05) Big, soulful track.
4. (5:34) AMAZING. Funky, soulful, female vox sampling. Deesco deesco!
5. (4:20) Mysterious, slower, female vox, sick shit.
6. (3:46) Melancholy song, like sunshine pouring through your window in the morning. Cute little melodies
7. (4:34) Starts off slow, female vox, swells with passion and funk
8. (4:31) Slower simple track, light guitars, bass, keyboards
9. (5:00) Funky, slower, sultry song
10. (3:27) Brass, upbeat, funky, get your dancing shoes on!
11. (4:59) Glitchier yet melodic, Middle Eastern flair! upbeat
12. (4:12) More electronic, funky, fun, happy
13. (4:20) Emotional, funky, beauty, weeeeee
14. (5:18) Weird and mysterious, tad drum/ bass. Theme track for an adventure seeking urban teen
15. (3:39) Big band feeling-- brass, horns, takes you to a simpler time
16. (3:22) Funky, guitars, beautiful. Great song for casual afternoon
17. (3:42) Climactic, foreign language female vox, so great. Play this track!