|Girl In A Coma / Exits & All The Rest|
|Album:||Exits & All The Rest||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Girl In A Coma||Added:||10/2011|
|Add Date:||2011-11-20||Pull Date:||2012-01-22|
|Week Ending:||22 Jan||15 Jan||8 Jan||1 Jan||25 Dec||18 Dec||11 Dec||4 Dec|
|1.||Thu, 08 Jan 15:||Mister Esquire|
Meow: The Best Of The Decade So Far (2010-2014).
|4.||Fri, 22 Mar 13:||Baby Gap|
|2.||Wed, 28 Aug 13:||DJ Cat|
Beach Blanket Bingo
|5.||Wed, 02 Jan 13:||Mister Esquire|
Meow After Midnight: The Best Of 2012
|3.||Wed, 17 Jul 13:||DJ Cat|
Beach Blanket Bingo
|6.||Thu, 06 Dec 12:||Ashleigh & Carly|
A Family Affair
GIRL IN A COMA|
Reviewed by Savi
This album is what you’d expect: some catchy tunes, some rock out tunes and plenty of rockabilly tejano punk thrown in for good measure. Some of the songs sound like they could hit mainstream charts (#2 and #3 specifically) but there are also songs (#8 and #9) that are more varied in both sound and technique.
FCC CLEAN All songs are good. #3 is a good fall back for something catchy.
1. ***3:52 : Slow sexy start. Picks up intermittently. Bluesy bass throughout.
2. **3:12 : Upbeat, catchy, poppy. You know what is coming with this one. Very standard fare.
3. ****3:21 : Upbeat, catchy. Clever change ups about half way through. Little surfy mix with the traditional feel you would expect from any decent indie gem.
4. 4:28 : Vox rock start into more plodding pop rock. Slow start but picks up heavy chick vibe. Vintage feel, think Joan Jett. Rock out with this one.
5. *4:42 : Mid-paced, upbeat a little plodding. Dreamy back up vocals. This one is surgery pop on top of an indie dare I say punk edge.
6. ***4:40 : Sweet start into angry cords and lyrics. Mid/Faster paced, heavy and interesting and a little unexpected. Good angry girl song.
7. *2:53 : Slow/mid swampy blues, they are still rocking out though, so don’t worry your little hipster heart. Foot tapping and head nodding good time.
8. ***3:50 : Upbeat, a little discordant. Lots of heeeeeeyeeeee, aaaaaaaaahhhhhh that these girls are good at. Very 80’s punk girl band feel with this one.
9. ***5:00 : Upbeat stomping rhythm. Unique (lead girl “shrills” her voice throughout, brace yourself). I like this one. It something to be listened to and not just left in the background.
10. ***5:12 Slower and dreamier when compared to the other songs. Rocka-rocka-rockabilly.
11. 3:59 : Slow – Mid paced vox/reverb ballad. Not a happy song.
|2.||One Eyed Fool||7.||Knocking At Your Door|
|4.||She Had A Plan||9.||Control|