|Emperor X / Western Teleport|
|Add Date:||2012-01-08||Pull Date:||2012-03-11|
|Week Ending:||19 Feb||12 Feb||29 Jan||22 Jan||15 Jan|
|1.||Wed, 01 Mar 17:||aandreaa|
|4.||Tue, 07 Feb 12:||Doublestuf|
|2.||Wed, 15 Feb 12:||aj|
The Fall of Math
|5.||Wed, 25 Jan 12:||Dr. Wormwood|
Modern Donkey - Songs about Places
|3.||Tue, 14 Feb 12:||Ins|
|6.||Sun, 15 Jan 12:||Hillstreet & London-Bridges|
End of Everything
Emperor X/ “Western Teleport” / Bar None Records|
Solid fun, dork-rock sounding music. Nerdy male vocals, well produced synthy indie rock/pop tracks. Not necessarily upbeat in mood, just often uptempo. Songs go from dealing with reflections, dreams, hardships, etc. to more serious matters as the album progresses like religion, education, war, rage. All with the same synthy rock beats and nerdy vocals. Awesome ☺
No FCCs detected. Favorites include: 1, 4, 8, 11
1. *3:33 Distorted guitar with chimey, happy-go-lucky clappy background. Synths, basic computer terms tossed around, solid toe-tappin’ fun. Last 30 sec instrumental.
2. 2:55 Synths throughout, tale of road travels and hardships. Uptempo beat ending.
3. 4:20 Acoustic guitar, midtempo beat, sounds like cloudy day bus travel musings.
4. *1:59 Fast running-esque beat, with sweet guitar picking which builds nicely. Wish it were longer!
5. 1:44 Mountain Goatsy. Lo-fi, layered acoustic guitar/vocals. Winding tape sound at end.
6. 3:42 Upbeat synth tempo, quickly strummed guitar, vocal harmonies.
7. 1:48 Slightly atonal strumming, dissonant piano/vocals, same chords repeated.
8. *3:31 Lyrics times nicely with fast paced music, criticism of religion, cute American-ness in his pronunciation of “Allahu Akbar”. Mention of bombs, religion, disasters – nothing outright offensive, but, eh, I dunno.
9. 1:57 Piano, layered vocals, slower. Pretty.
10. 3:11 Nice contrast of thrashy drums/guitars in background with nerdy vocals.
11. *2:56 Nice steady slower beat, picked guitar, well placed lyrics, nice chords in chorus. A more serious feel, strong closer.