|Nappy Riddim / One World Sovereignty|
|Album:||One World Sovereignty||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Fort Knox Recordings|
|Add Date:||2011-11-06||Pull Date:||2012-01-08|
|Week Ending:||1 Jan||25 Dec||18 Dec||11 Dec||4 Dec||20 Nov|
|1.||Mar 22, 2014:||Music Casserole |
|4.||Dec 21, 2011:||New World Disorder |
|2.||Jul 20, 2013:||Music Casserole |
|5.||Dec 17, 2011:||New World Disorder |
Devil Needs A Bodyguard
|3.||Dec 29, 2011:||New World Disorder |
|6.||Dec 10, 2011:||New World Disorder |
Soundboy (Wake The Sound)
Nappy Riddim – One World Sovereignty|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 11/1/11
Ragga-Soul (so it says – it’s really straight-up O.G. FUNK electronicified. From the Fort Knox Five crew in DC with a bit of help from Thievery Corporation, pure FUNK, baby. Did I mention it’s really funky?
Single but crystal-clear FCCs on tracks 5 and 10.
1. 5:26 ***funky soul drumming, bits of funk vocals, bass, cowbells…
2. 3:30 ****super funky drum, bass and farfisa, falsetto (Isaac Hayes-style) vocals.
3. 4:02 ***slightly subdued, with horn section and a bit of Latin percussion, grunty English and pretty Brazilian vocals. Strange harmonies in the chorus.
4. 3:21 **relaxed groove, pretty but odd female harmonies, prominent bass and less drums, a bit of dancehall vibe.
5. 4:39 FCC “muthafucka” (very clear, dammit!) ****midtempo Reggae (quite nice, too), soulful vocals, Rasta lyrics. Riddim falls out from behind vocals quite a while before end of track.
6. 3:55 ***upbeat funky drums, bass, sax, Latin percussion. A bit low-key, slinky, suggestive dancehall lyrics.
7. 3:51 ****hot horn, cool bass, all flavors of funky vocals. Nice! OK, I’m easily pleased when it comes to funk, but still…
8. 3:33 ***electronic club – subdued dubstep. Somewhat disjointed vocals.
9. 3:48 *slow simple beat and keyboard, smooth-jazzy sax. Pretty vocals, either mysterious or depressing, maybe both.
10. 5:17 FCC: “fuckry” ***pretty midtempo relaxed Latin/beach groove, political lyrics. Hip Hop rap as well as funk and soul vocals.
|1.||Nappy Riddem||6.||Angle It|
|2.||Devil Needs A Bodyguard||7.||Rastar|
|3.||Shango||8.||Soundboy (Wake The Sound)|
|4.||Ease Up||9.||Suspicious Love|
|5.||Dta (Dreadlock Transit Authority)||10.||One World Sovereignty|