|Cut Off Your Hands / Hollow|
|Artist:||Cut Off Your Hands||Added:||10/2011|
|Add Date:||2012-02-12||Pull Date:||2012-04-15|
|Week Ending:||8 Apr||1 Apr||25 Mar||18 Mar||4 Mar||26 Feb||19 Feb|
|1.||Apr 01, 2012:||Synthesis |
All It Takes
|4.||Mar 19, 2012:||Seize the Night |
|2.||Mar 30, 2012:||Time Traveler |
Fooling No One
|5.||Mar 18, 2012:||Instant Cat! |
|3.||Mar 23, 2012:||Time Traveler |
|6.||Mar 16, 2012:||InAcrossAwayFromMe |
Fooling No One
Cut Off Your Hands is like candy for your ears. This is sugary sweet indie-pop. It’s about the gorgeous harmonies here, not hooks. Lead singer can sound like a happy, un-cynical Morrissey or Elliott Smith at some points. RIYL: The Shins, Phoenix, Death Cab, Echo and the Bunnymen (a little), The Beach Boys. No FCCs detected. Songs all sound pretty similar, but I recommend 4, 6, 7, 9.|
1. 4:17: Midtempo. Shiny instruments and sad, sweeping anthem-like vocals.
2. 3:55: Nice overlapping vocals/harmonies. Shining, sprinkling instruments. Midway through a cool sing-speak interlude.
3. 4:06: Eerie 10-second ambient intro turns into a fairly standard indie pop song. Midtempo. Sweet song directed to a girlfriend. Last ten seconds fade out.
4*. 3:29: Guitars have more of a presence on this track. Catchy, fairly uptempo. Singer’s voice is haunting in a sweet, non-creepy way.
5. 3:39: Despite the title, high, soaring vocals will make you feel like you’re floating in the clouds. And they’re made of pink cotton candy.
6*. 3:26: Some more urgency to the vocals here, which sound like they’re swaying. Catchy. Some pretty “woo-ooh-oohs” come in at the chorus.
7*. 2:57: Uptempo and hopeful, but with sad, resigned lyrics. Also catchy.
8. 4:35: Darker, heavier guitars than their other songs to suit the darker mood. Even a little guitar distortion in there.
9*. 4:06: Chill song. 30-second simple, clean guitar intro. Singer holds his notes for a long time; the vocals seem to float. Pretty melody.
|1.||You Should Do Better||5.||Oh Hell|
|2.||Nausea||6.||All It Takes|
|3.||By Your Side||7.||Fooling No One|
|4.||Hollowed Out||8.||Down & Out|