|Rustie / Glass Swords|
|Add Date:||2011-10-30||Pull Date:||2012-01-01||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||18 Dec||11 Dec||4 Dec||27 Nov||20 Nov||13 Nov||6 Nov|
|1.||Tue, 08 May 12:||Rasmus|
|4.||Sun, 11 Dec 11:||Edwin|
lost and found
|2.||Tue, 13 Dec 11:||The Flying Dutchman|
There and Back Again
|5.||Tue, 06 Dec 11:||Rasmus|
|3.||Tue, 13 Dec 11:||Rasmus|
|6.||Tue, 29 Nov 11:||The Flying Dutchman|
There and Back Again
Chaotic shameless synth fusions. This is even more Hudson Hohawke than HudMo himself. Rustie has created an album of pure bliss. Everything on here is a hot mess, but after placing your tongue firmly in your cheek, you’ll stop asking yourself whether Rustie is actually being serious and just enjoy this masterpiece of a futuristic synth album. Fans of Night Slugs, Zomby, and, of course, Hudson Mohawke should give this a chance. |
Try: Everything. And then 4, 13, 5, 10, 7, 8, and 3
1) 2:21 A weird synth guitar solo gradually unveiled. Spacey.
2) 3:47 * Heavy, cheesy 80s bass sound and a triumphant synth line on top.
3) 4:34 * Subtle synth pulse turning into BIG swooning beat. Manipulated vocals, glorious chorus.
4) 3:01 ** So, this turn the Seinfeld bass line into a frigging epic synth collision. Not as cheesy as it sounds, just plain awesome.
5) 3:09 ** Huge track. Over the top wobble and stabs.
6) 2:47 Pumping synth ride. I’m pretty sure that’s a vocoder
7) 4:00 * Lots of stuff going on here. Cruncy stabs, some wacky vocals, and a pretty epic lead synth
8) 3:25 Slightly scary sounds. Transitions to straightforward melody with a rusty bassline underneath
9) 3:49 Cascading synths ad nauseum. Squeaky super high-pitched vocals.
10) 3:43 ** Starts slowly, understated. Then, things go crazy. Huge stadium synths and cut-up vocal snippets
11) 1:18 A strange little interlude. Sounds like toy keyboard demo
12) 3:08 Playful and super 80s. Really cheesy vocal samples.
13) 3:23 ** Argh, so epic. So triumphant. Double, triple tempo jam. Sped up beyond any kind of reason, and it just blows you away from there with crazy synth plucking and teeny vocal snippets. Long fade.
|1.||Glass Swords||7.||Ultra Thizz|
|2.||Flash Back||8.||Death Mountain|
|4.||Hover Traps||10.||After Light|
|5.||City Star||11.||Ice Tunnels|