|Album:||Jedermann Remixed - The Soundtrack||Collection:||Blues|
|Artist:||Theessink, Hans||Added:||Nov 2011|
|Add Date:||2011-11-13||Pull Date:||2012-01-15||Charts:||Blues|
|Week Ending:||Jan 8||Dec 25||Dec 11||Dec 4||Nov 27|
|1.||Jan 17, 2014:||The Songsmith Show
|4.||Dec 08, 2011:||The Songsmith Show
The Man Comes Around
|2.||Jan 06, 2012:||Full Moon Friday!
People Get Ready
|5.||Dec 01, 2011:||The Songsmith Show
|3.||Dec 24, 2011:||The Songsmith Show - Blues Marathon 2011
I Got A Woman
|6.||Nov 24, 2011:||The Songsmith Show
Way Down In The Hole
*My Favorites*: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 11, 13, 15, 17, 18.
1. *(3:41) Slow / Mid. Tom Waits song, completely re-worked, sounding nothing like Tom’s version. Quite church-like, with organ, great guitar, brushes on drums, backing vocals. Nice.
2. *(3:12) Mid. Johnny Cash song. Sparse with guitar and voice, powerful like Cash’s.
3. *(5:14) Slow / Mid. Jagger / Richards tune. Lap steel, guitar, minimal drums. Well done.
4. *(4:10) Slow / Mid. Bo Diddley classic. Has that same plodding guitar beat with great slide work.
5. (1:57) Slow. Nick Lowe song. Very quiet, very sparse. Guitar and voice. Heartfelt.
6. *(3:21) Mid. Great slide work with backing vocals. Wow!
7. *(5:02) Slow / Mid. Hans original. Lots of space, slow slide, echoey, backing vocals. Eerie, moody and beautiful.
8. *(4:52) Slow / Mid. Hans original, channeling some classic sounds, a bit doo wop-ish, folksy. Sublime stuff.
9. (2:35) Mid. Hans original. Old-timey sound with mandolin, guitar.
10. (4:12) Mid. Ray Charles classic. Upbeat, ragtimey piano, guitar. Cool, fun version.
11. *(3:07) Mid. Slide guitar goodness. Hans and female vocal duet. Beautiful.
12. (3:39) Slow / Mid. Hank Williams song. Heavy lyrics around a mandolin and guitar. Very nicely done.
13. *(3:38) Slow. Hollow, plodding sound. Strong backing vocals, nice guitar work, minimal drum work.
14. (3:49) Mid. Hans original. Full band, backing vocals. A bit restrained but hard-hitting.
15. *(2:32) Mid. Guitar propels the song, backing vocals very cool. Beautiful.
16. (3:25) Slow / Mid. Curtis Mayfield song. Organ, heavy drumbeat, backing vocals. Soulful, of course.
17. *(7:21) Slow / Mid. Another Jagger / Richards classic, stripped down. Great slide, strummed guitar, harmonica. Ominous mood, maybe more so than the original. Hans, with female singer, does a bit of the ‘whoo hoo’. Great last minute and a half.
18. *(5:06) Mid. Joe South song. Country, tex-mex border sound with accordion. Anthemic tune, backing vocals. Very cool.
|1.||Way Down In The Hole||10.||I Got A Woman|
|2.||The Man Comes Around||11.||You Gonna Need Somebody On Your Bond|
|3.||No Expectations||12.||The Angel Of Death|
|4.||I'm A Man||13.||Mother Earth|
|5.||The Beast In Me||14.||Call Me|
|6.||Satan, Your Kingdom Must Come Down||15.||Oh Sinner Man|
|7.||Cuckoo||16.||People Get Ready|
|8.||Ready For The Ride||17.||Sympathy For The Devil|
|9.||Mother's Advice||18.||Games People Play|