|Rigney, Tom & Flambeau / Don't Fight It|
|Album:||Don't Fight It||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Rigney, Tom & Flambeau||Added:||Nov 2011|
|Add Date:||2011-11-20||Pull Date:||2012-01-22|
|Week Ending:||Nov 27|
|1.||Mar 01, 2012:||Sunshine . . . on a Rainy Afternoon! |
The Funky Gator
|2.||Nov 24, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Bay Area native Rigney has been playing violin for years in many genres including country, cajun / zydeco, and this, a mostly blues album. Rigney is the son of Bill Rigney, player and coach of the New York / San Francisco Giants. There’s some nice playing here. Flambeau consists of bass, drums, guitar and keys. Rigney plays some very solid violin. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 1, 4, 5, 7, 11, 12, 13.
1. *(2:45) Mid. Upbeat barroom bluesy, rollicking ride. Propelling piano, plodding beat with some nice violin breaks.
2. (4:41) Mid. INSTRUMENTAL. Rockin’ with organ, heavy drumbeat, guitar solo. Nice drum, piano interplay.
3. (4:23) Slow / Mid. INSTRUMENTAL. Mellow, heavy mood with cool violin, guitar interplay. Nice guitar work.
4. *(3:46) Mid. Upbeat, fun bluesy rocker.
5. *(4:26) Slow / Mid. INSTRUMENTAL. Downbeat mourner. Nice violin and guitar with a plodding beat.
6. (4:07) Mid. Title track. Catchy, poppy, easy-going bluesy song with backing vocals.
7. *(3:50) Mid. INSTRUMENTAL. Piano boogie with heavy beat. Really upbeat. Understated violin in the background.
8. (4:48) Slow. Bluesy mourner. Cool bass, percussion,
9. (4:33) Mid. Piano, drums propelling this ramblin’ bluesy, country tune. Violin takes it home. Some fine playing.
10. (5:36) Slow / Mid. INSTRUMENTAL. Some sweet violin here on a mellow groover with some cool harmonics.
11. *(5:20) Mid. Upbeat zydeco-influenced song with violin paving the way. Strong beat, good guitar, piano.
12. *(4:59) Mid. INSTRUMENTAL. Song for violin virtuoso Vassar Clements. Violin-led with plodding drum. Easy-going number with a very suave piano break.
13. *(4:32) Mid. INSTRUMENTAL. Cool jam with some great violin, guitar and piano.