|Kuedo / Severant|
|Label:||Planet Mu Records Ltd.|
|Add Date:||2011-11-06||Pull Date:||2012-01-08||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||18 Dec||11 Dec||4 Dec||27 Nov||20 Nov||13 Nov|
|1.||Thu, 01 Jun 17:||genai|
|4.||Tue, 13 Dec 11:||Rasmus|
|2.||Sat, 05 Jan 13:||DJ Underbelly|
Flipping Through Time
|5.||Sun, 11 Dec 11:||Edwin|
lost and found
|3.||Wed, 25 Jan 12:||Gamma|
|6.||Tue, 06 Dec 11:||Rasmus|
Dark electronic pop. Kuedo has crafted a magnificent blend of synthesizer escapades and Blade Runner aesthetics on Severant. Sharp and focused yet incredibly hard to pin down. Absolutely beautiful album, give this a spin.|
Try: 6, 4, 10, 13, 2
1) 2:02 Retro. Very retro. Manipulated synthesizer horns welcoming you to Severant.
2) 3:24 * Slow and melancholic. Drizzling hi-hats supporting a warped, monolithic bass line.
3) 2:45 Fragile and pretty. Crisp synthesizers with dark, unsettling backdrop.
4) 3:02 * Rushed, haunting. Sad sad synth lines with echoes and horns.
5) 3:33 Phaser action. Sci-fi synths and simple pad progression. Old school vibes with a futuristic twist.
6) 3:42 ** Saw-tooth synth chords and booming kicks. Dark and dramatic. Love it. Adds melody and a bit more sensitivity towards the end.
7) 2:18 Plucking mixture of synth drops. Simple drum machine pattern leads the way.
8) 2:50 Builds and builds intensity. Crescendos, starts over. Soft and melodic pattern.
9) 5:12 Slow pulse. Deep kicks and repetitive looping patterns on top. Some mid-range wobble, too.
10) 3:37 * Suuuuper slow. Dramatic and tense with some gritty chords.
11) 4:45 Whoa. Lots of drive, haunting, schizophrenic. Movie soundtrack stuff, if that says anything.
12) 1:07 Weird, backwards-sounding synthesizers. Cute bells.
13) 3:04 * Intriguing, complex. Dead-simple pattern on rumbling bass.
14) 0:56 Breathing. Very organic.
15) 3:43 Slow, swaying. Gibberish female vocal samples, adds to the mystery.