|Artist:||Atlas Sound||Added:||Nov 2011|
|Add Date:||2011-12-11||Pull Date:||2012-02-12|
|Week Ending:||Feb 12||Feb 5||Jan 29||Jan 22||Jan 15||Jan 8||Jan 1||Dec 25|
|1.||May 11, 2017:||night tapes #4
Modern Aquatic Nightsongs
|4.||May 19, 2016:||radio seven
|2.||Apr 20, 2017:||night tapes #1
|5.||Jan 28, 2016:||All Passion No Technique
|3.||Jan 11, 2017:||Life Aquatic
|6.||Aug 30, 2015:||Mix Tape: Fake Overnight Mr. Esquire
The third solo album from Bradford Cox of Deerhunter. Moody and reserved richly textured dreamy shoegazer influenced ‘ambient pop’. Some tracks are fuzzier and some are more straightforward pop, it’s all a swirly and mostly pleasant sounding haze despite being produced in the wake of a nervous breakdown. No FCCs
RIYL: Deerhunter, Lotus Plaza, Broadcast, The Pixies
1. * Jangly, sparkly earnest stumbling vocs, prominent straightforward riff.
2. Lumbering stream of soft vocals. Melodic swaying and sharper guitars warmly fade out.
3. ** Repetitive orations on a glistening and modestly upbeat synthy introduction.
4. Goes down easily hint of twinkly electronic noises.
5. Slower, hazy layers of whispers and stilted speaking.
6.** Gorgeous unpretentious carefree pop, crisper and more straightforward with a killer wistful chorus. Featuring Andrew VanWyngarden of MGMT.
7. Poppier, consistent unrelenting guitar backing, featuring harmonica.
8. Simple piano melody, bare vocals. Nondescript.
9.*** Shaker rhythm, rollicking bassline, jingly reverby guitars with croony vocals.
10. ** Mellow ‘70s Zeppelin like acoustic guitar. Soft ascending melody with unsteady baseline.
11. Unassuming falsetto-ing fizzle and fade, weightless warbling.
12. Snaring, drum shuffle. Ah ah'ing. harmonica again.
|1.||The Shakes||7.||Praying Man|
|3.||Te Amo||9.||My Angel Is Broken|
|5.||Modern Aquatic Nightsongs||11.||Flagstaff|