Eggy Records has the magic touch with up-and-coming PNW talent, and this DIY rock gem from Portland is no different. Finding something like this in the rough is awesome. This is their first record, but they have a bright future ahead of them. Mostly falling into the post-punk category, but there are scattered elements of new wave and power pop. For fans of Walt Mink, Lab Coast, Wolf Parade, The Woolen Men and Phenomenauts FCC: 3
1. Catchy, raw, loud, melodic. Face-melting guitar solos, firecracker drumsolos.
2. Cacophonous uptempo guitar-driven rocker with belted vocals.
3. FCC (shit) Rattling percussion, desperate vocals. A bit of keyboard.
4. Thrashing guitars. Blistering percussion. Nice vocals and backups—a touch of David Byrne here. Great.
*5. Sweet and melodic but in an unconventional sort of way…a bit wistful. Nice strummy indie rock with flavor. (He says “fogs up” at one point in the song and it almost sounds like an FCC, but it’s not)
6. Spunky and gritty rock. Reminds me of Murray Street-era Sonic Youth.