|Sway / This Was Tomorrow|
|Album:||This Was Tomorrow||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Saint Marie Records|
|Add Date:||2012-03-10||Pull Date:||2012-05-12|
|Week Ending:||15 Apr||1 Apr||25 Mar||18 Mar|
|1.||Apr 08, 2012:||Instant Cat! |
|4.||Mar 20, 2012:||Instant Cat |
Palos Verdes, Tunnels
|2.||Mar 28, 2012:||Daytime Maximum Entropy |
|5.||Mar 16, 2012:||InAcrossAwayFromMe |
Running In Circles
|3.||Mar 28, 2012:||meow |
What I Know
Sway - This was Tomorrow|
Glitchy, video-gamey, chiptuney newgaze band. MBV influence is obvious on some tracks with ethereal Slowdivey like vocs. Other tracks are too tryhard Owl City-like.
1. * Electronic oscillations. Soft male vocals. Slow build.
2. ** Loveless inspired, pleasant newgaze.
3. Intro blips and scratches with piano backing reminiscent of the Postal Service. Mildly dancey techno “woob” sounds.
4. Calm and glitchy 8-bit with dreamy vocs.
5. Mid speed, pulsing percussion, pulpy and dreamy vocs.
6. Chill, warbly dreamy.
7. Aqueous drippy ascending glimmers.
8. Innocuously swishy upbeat electro. What they’d play at A&F.
9. ** Loud, distorted walls of guitar and dreamy vocals.
10. Languid teen pop.
|2.||What I Know||7.||Only Tuesday|
|3.||Running In Circles||8.||Mary Blair Murals|
|4.||This Was Tomorrow||9.||Tunnels|
|5.||Thirty-Seven Miles Beside The Ocean||10.||What I Didn't Get To Say|