|Various Artists / That's Dadastic!|
|Add Date:||2012-01-08||Pull Date:||2012-03-11|
|Week Ending:||4 Mar||29 Jan|
|1.||Wed, 29 Feb 12:||Mister Esquire|
|3.||Thu, 29 Dec 11:||MC Dizzy Jackson|
The Songsmith Show
|2.||Thu, 26 Jan 12:||MC Dizzy Jackson|
The Songsmith Show
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Collection of mainly Seattle, Portland, Buenos Aries bands. Lots of post-punk, some garage, surf, demented stuff. All of it interesting, fun, and just plain killer. FCC’s #11, 14, 19?.|
*My Favorites*: All.
1. (3:49) Mid. Post-punk (Bauhaus), garage, surf, heavy. Great.
2. (3:38) Mid. Garage, a bit of Devo, Nine Inch Nails. Cool beat, vocal effects.
3. (3:30) Mid. Easy going with uke?, acoustic tune, really nice. Cool female vocal.
4. (4:02) Mid. Post-punk-ish with a bit of pop, some electronic stuff. Interesting.
5. (2:32) Mid / Fast. Punky, garage, poppy, peppy tune. Great female punk vocal with killer screamed phrase and female backing vocals. Killer.
6. (3:34) Mid. Seattle sound to start, but gets a bit poppy, big sound and catchy. From Jakarta.
7. (4:26) Mid. Post-punk a la Siouxsie, featuring Einsturzende Neubauten players. Just a killer performance. Yeah.
8. (2:43) Slow / Mid. Make-you-wanna-slit-your-wrist stuff, very forlorn with a great female vocal performance and beautiful violin.
9. (3:03) Slow / Mid. Lo-fi, post-punk, fairly heavy with slow, crunchy guitar.
10. (3:13) Mid. Great percussion with tambourine, big single drum beat, echoey vocal.
11. (3:26) Mid / Fast. FCC’s. Alt-country, punk, psychobilly.
12. (3:45) Mid. Indie, poppy, kind of a Smith’s thing going on.
13. (4:31) Mid. Funky, bizarre, jazzy, almost carnival with great sax, bass solo, drums, fun vocal delivery with a bit of pseudo-scat. Bent and beautiful.
14. (2:30) Mid. FCC’s. Starts with car starting and peeling out. Punk, surf, garage. Killer.
15. (2:47) Slow / MId. Demented vocal, minimal, slightly skewed, maybe a bit Doors-ish. Great stuff.
16. (4:50) Mid. Devo, Primus stylings with keys, plodding drum, guitar, bass. Frantic, hypnotic finish.
17. (2:24) Mid. Epic-sounding with predominant guitar, drums. Great female vocal.
18. (3:16) Mid. Bizarre, jazzy, just absolutely KILLER! PLAY IT!
19. (2:41) Mid / Fast. FCC? (‘Tits’ repeated throughout). Surf, garage, loud, cool guitar work, pounding drums.
20. (2:13) Mid. ’50’s r’n’r styling. Great drumming, great guitar, backing vocals. NIce.