|Marow / + - 0 [Plus Minus Null]|
|Album:||+ - 0 [Plus Minus Null]||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2011-11-27||Pull Date:||2012-01-29||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||25 Dec||18 Dec||11 Dec||4 Dec|
|1.||Dec 18, 2011:||lost and found |
|4.||Dec 06, 2011:||YOUTH DEMOGRAPHIC RADIO: David Groff Owes Me $5 |
Substrativ, Schweif, Iridiszenz
|2.||Dec 11, 2011:||lost and found |
|5.||Dec 04, 2011:||lost and found |
|3.||Dec 09, 2011:||Pumping Iron |
|6.||Dec 04, 2011:||Crooked Spoke Adjacent |
Sparse, minimal electronica. Marow takes a fair amount of inspiration from contemporary house and transforms it to a mix of ambient and electronica on +-0. Everything is structured around a simple pulse and some, occasionally very high-pitched, synthesizer patterns. Most importantly, this is strictly minimal with no fluff. Grab this if you enjoy Mille Plateaux in general, DJ Sprinkles or Brian Eno.|
Try: 4, 7, 8, 9
1) 5:07 Simple pattern, clicks, blips and blobs. Warm pads and some rambling glitch stuff in the background.
2) 4:10 More edgy percussion. Simple, tingling synth on top of washed out pads.
3) 4:05 Determined, lots of drive. Delay and echo on the keyboard stabs.
4) 5:53 * Sparse clicks and warm bass. Half-tempo ambient feel.
5) 6:21 Heavily layered loops on a slow groove. Gently plucking keys at a super super high pitch.
6) 5:11 Slow hip-hop-ish beat, if the Bronx crews decided to record underwater, that is. Slowly evolving, constantly growing.
7) 4:56 * A slowly assemble, understated house piece. Minimalistic keys with a heavy kick drum for support.
8) 5:42 * There’s a party somewhere next door. Muffled bass and fragile keys. Faint whispers in the background.
9) 4:42 * More drive, less playing around. Icey synths with a touch of hi-hats and pads to loosen it up.
10) 5:16 Flows back and forth, with constantly ascending and descending patterns.
11) 5:32 Mesmerizing, hypnotic. Slow drone with looped patterns on top. Strong contrast between deep bass sounds and hi-pitched timbre-twists.
12) 3:14 A slow, esoteric jam. Oscillating loops in the background and simple static up front.