|Summer Camp / Welcome To Condale|
|Album:||Welcome To Condale||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Summer Camp||Added:||Nov 2011|
|Label:||Moshi Moshi Records|
|Add Date:||2012-01-22||Pull Date:||2012-03-25|
|Week Ending:||Mar 25||Mar 18||Mar 11||Mar 4||Feb 19||Feb 12||Feb 5||Jan 29|
|1.||Feb 16, 2016:||a strange pursuit |
Losing My Mind, I Want You
|4.||Feb 05, 2013:||A Family Affair |
|2.||May 11, 2013:||Sphagna Rhianna Arcadia |
Losing My Mind
|5.||Oct 10, 2012:||The Paint |
|3.||Feb 19, 2013:||A Family Affair |
Last American Virgin
|6.||Mar 22, 2012:||Douchiest. Prince. Ever. |
Summer Camp is a UK girl-boy pop-duo. Ranges from Au Revoir Simone to Dum Dum Girls. Overproduced for sure though so keep this away from your lo-fi set, but do file it with likes of Oh Land, Camera Obscura, or Aztec Camera. The instrumentals feature prominent synths and the crooning vocals with a nostalgic feel. A solid album of girl pop/dance.|
Recommended: 11, 1, 7
1.* 3:08 Surfy and jangly with an anthemic chorus. A softer, poppier Dum Dum Girls
2. 3:12 Starts slightly dark and dramatic, becomes cheesy 80s pop rock with corresponding 80s action cartoon synths
3. 4:17 Intro of oscillating synth with vocal samples and crooning, becomes a catchy straight-up dance track with a melange of synths.
4.* 2:59 Whistling pop. It has an ambitious, epic-feeling scope. Kind of reminds of that the High Road by Broken Bells. Fairly generic
5. 3:01 Not a FCC warning, but “Bitch” 15 seconds in. Melodic and gentle pop that crescendos into big soulful vocals. Carried by synth
6. 3:28 Angsty, alternative rock ballad. Not my thing at all and probably not yours either. Stay away
7.* 2:31 Light springy, pop. Reminiscent of Givers, the Boy Least Likely To
8. 3:01 Shuffling synth line and relatively prominent rhythm.
9. 4:02 Sounds like Austra. Dark synth. Dark, slow, and smooth vocals.
10. 3:01 Whistling; Lily Allen pop. Almost rap-like vocals with a jingly chorus. Top 40 stuff.
11.* 3:03 Starts with overproduced intro. 20 seconds in, it becomes whispy pop with great female crooning with a bouncy/jangly chorus. Best track.
12. 3:17 Hard-hitting drum machines. Standard shimmering girl pop with warm synths and layered background vocals.
|1.||Better Off Without You||7.||Down|
|2.||Brian Krakow||8.||Welcome To Condale|
|3.||I Want You||9.||Done Forever|
|4.||Losing My Mind||10.||Last American Virgin|
|5.||Summer Camp||11.||Ghost Train|
|6.||Nobody Knows You||12.||1988|