|Rizzo, Carmen / Space Left Behind, The|
|Album:||Space Left Behind, The||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2012-01-16||Pull Date:||2012-03-19|
|Week Ending:||19 Feb|
|1.||Feb 18, 2012:||I'll Take Potpourri for 180 MInutes, Alex |
Take Me Over
Carmen Rizzo / The Space Left Behind / Electrofone Music|
The songs in this album are too long and should be shorter because the beats are repetitive -- feels as if Rizzo is prolonging it to fill up some space. Purely instrumental except for Track 3. I feel like this album is going to put me to sleep. No FCCs detected. Favorites: 4, 5.
1. (5:08) Dropping beats at the bridge. Light and airy; gives you the feeling of floating or being sleepy.
2. (5:04) Brooding and somewhat dark. Pleasant xylophone-like sounds throughout the background.
3. (4:29) Contemplative mood. Samples a snippet of sound from an old movie. This song is meh.
4. (4:11)* Uses oriental sounds along with loud drum beats, which gives it a dangerous, ethereal mood. Background music is also trance-like.
5. (3:39)* Uses trance sounds similarly to Track 4. Mellow intro then explodes into melancholic beat. Brooding mood.
6. (4:26) Pulsing bass and ascending synths interspersed with chirp-like sounds and snare beats. A mix of mellow and ominous. Last three seconds are empty
Reviewed by DJ Cat
|1.||The Space Left Behind||4.||Take Me Over|
|2.||Morning Glory||5.||Alta Moda|
|3.||Returning To Silence||6.||Ascend|