|Red Sea Pedestrians, The / Electromagnetic Escape, The|
|Album:||Electromagnetic Escape, The||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Red Sea Pedestrians, The||Added:||11/2011|
|Add Date:||2012-03-02||Pull Date:||2012-05-05|
|Week Ending:||15 Apr||8 Apr||25 Mar||18 Mar||11 Mar|
|1.||Fri, 13 Apr 12:||MC Dizzy Jackson|
The Songsmith Show
|4.||Thu, 22 Mar 12:||MC Dizzy Jackson|
The Songsmith Show
|2.||Fri, 06 Apr 12:||Eliza Ridgeway|
|5.||Wed, 21 Mar 12:||Dr. Wormwood|
Modern Donkey - Melody Variation Part 2
|3.||Wed, 04 Apr 12:||Dr. Wormwood|
Modern Donkey - Closers
|6.||Wed, 14 Mar 12:||Dr. Wormwood|
Modern Donkey - Melody Variation Part 1
|Guest DJ Account|
This hipster-gypsy album does a fantastic job of using typical gypsy-style instruments to create a hipster-gypsy sound that breaks away from the gypsy-punk stereotypes that Gogol Bordello developed for the instruments. Key tracks include 2, 6, 8, 11, 12. No FCCs. |
1) Keynahore (3:20): instrumental, cool percussion/clarinet solo at about 1:40
**2) The Gypsy Moth (3:08): Slow track that starts with acoustic guitar and builds beautifully
3) Alternate Plan (3:09): Grunting noises start track, actual song starts at 0:05. Mid-tempo plodding gypsy beat.
4) Golden Apple (3:24): Slower track dominated by horns and electric guitar. Banjo interlude.
5) Rosabelle Believe (3:44): slower, fiddle/bass-based track.
**6) Deven’s Escape Hatch (3:47): fast paced instrumental track with great fiddle/clarinet battle in from about 2:00 on. Ends abruptly at 3:43.
7) Downstream (3:42): Slower start that turns into a gypsy-bluesy mid-tempo song. Vocals come in a little late, at 0:47.
**8) Brutus (3:42): 50s Lounge Music feel. Cool lyrics, great use of the whole band’s vocals
9) Weary Stone (3:18): violins and subtle drumbeat drive this slow, pretty ballad.
10) Ella 1914 (1:43): circus-y feel, excellent xylophone, quick, frenzied lyrics.
**11) Magnetic North (4:07): beautiful plea to “dance with me”, has a beautiful desperation to it, tempo and instrumentation of the song build from a soft start to a more intense finish. Ends abruptly at exactly 4:00.
**12) Singapore Michigan 1836 (4:20): Slow, pretty, ending to the album with piano underlying the verses. Great vocal harmonies as well. Ends cold.
|2.||The Gypsy Moth||8.||Brutus|
|3.||Alternate Plan||9.||Weary Stone|
|4.||Golden Apple||10.||Ella 1914|
|5.||Rosabelle Believe||11.||Magnetic North|
|6.||Deven's Escape Hatch||12.||Singapore Michigan 1836|