|Lotus / Lotus|
|Add Date:||2012-05-26||Pull Date:||2012-07-29|
|Week Ending:||29 Jul||8 Jul||3 Jun|
|1.||Jul 28, 2012:||Bouge Mood |
|3.||May 27, 2012:||There and Back Again |
|2.||Jul 05, 2012:||A Mind Redefined |
Lotus/ Lotus/ SCI Fidelity Records- Mostly instrumental album consisting of funk, some hip hop, soul, and rock grooves with a live band feel. Very easy for a dj to throw in the mix. Don’t expect anything edgy, weird, or experimental. Pretty safe as far as musical structure. Great musicians. Very tight. Song 5 is my favorite 6 is nice. NO FCC |
1. 5:18 Mid tempo jam with heavy synths and vocal sample at 1:30 and 3:30 into it.
2. 6:24 Upper tempo. sounds like the perfect song for a magician’s (a la Copperfield) act. at 3:23 mark it starts going into a drum and bass type rhythm.
3. 5:06 Nice horn driven tune that has a 70’s era retro (blaxploitation film) feel.
4:30 Mid tempo song with some sub bass synth.
4. *4:02 Unlike any other song on the album. Has an ‘80s feel with nice vocals. Reminds me of Joy Division or King Krule for some reason.
5. *4:45 Sounds a bit like Vampire Weekend. Strange change at 1:30. Very pretty tune.
6. 5:29 Mid tempo hip hop type instrumental that sounds like an earlier Eminem beat.
7. 5:16 Upper tempo that manages to stay reserved. Synths give a retro feel.
8. *4:43 Nice jam with some hint of Groove Armada.
5:18 Slower feel and mellow vibe.
9. 3:32 Cool song. Sounds like a mix of Chris Isaac (sans vocals) and Toad the Wet Sprocket. ETN
|1.||Gold Ghost||6.||In An Outline|