|Cant / Dreams Come True|
|Album:||Dreams Come True||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2012-01-08||Pull Date:||2012-03-11||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||Feb 26||Feb 19||Feb 12||Feb 5||Jan 29||Jan 22||Jan 15|
|1.||Jan 16, 2015:||Distractions |
Too Late, Too Far
|4.||Feb 21, 2012:||Audiovault without Ins |
|2.||May 21, 2014:||A Family Affair |
|5.||Feb 16, 2012:||Nathin' To Do |
Too Late, Too Far
|3.||Jun 30, 2012:||Modern Donkey |
|6.||Feb 15, 2012:||The Fall of Math |
CANT/ “Dreams Come True” / Terrible Records|
Bass player/producer from Grizzly Bear’s solo album. Really fantastic album. Vocal stylings/synths/production reminiscent a bit of Animal Collective. Each song is truly great, I feel like I’d have a different favorite every few times I listen. Lots of synths, whispery vocals, layered loops. Lots going on in almost every song, but it rarely sounds overpowering or too busy. Definitely worth many listens/plays.
No FCCs detected. Favorites include: 1, 2, 4, 9, 10
1. *4:07 Scraping synths, cool hollow bass melody, blossoms into loads of synths, layered vocals. Grabs you, makes you excited for the rest of the album.
2. *4:10 Slow beat, looped sweeping ambient synth, electric bass. Like an electronic slow dance. Builds really nicely vocally to end.
3. 3:37 Sexy! Sounds like electronic indie rock sex-you-up music. Slow synths, “just love me”s, I feel like swaying all sultrily.
4. *4:20 Very gentle nice vocals, solitary strumming of string instrument, ambient synths in back. Grizzly Bear in him comes out here. Beat comes in second half,
5. 0:54 Sparse, slightly off-tune piano. Great dramatic open chords. I half expect Rufus Wainwright to jump in at any second.
6. 4:58 Strummed clean electric guitar, high whispery vocals. Distorted guitar comes in in earnest halfway through.
7. 4:10 Nice uptempo trancy dancy electronic, great slow bass melody in background.
8. 4:18 Midtempo, synth layers, distorted deep spooky robotic vocals like a slightly less metallic “Trans Europe Express”.
9. *4:39 Very good chord choices, nice chord resolutions, intermittent heavy synth drumming, minimal layered vocals. Sounds like looking over a busy city at night.
10. *2:08 Steady piano repeated chords, nice harmony with vocals. Sad, longing, pretty but short closer. Makes you want to listen to everything all over again.
|1.||Too Late, Too Far||6.||She Found A Way Out|
|3.||The Edge||8.||Dreams Come True|