|Sola Rosa / Get It Together|
|Album:||Get It Together||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Melting Pot Music|
|Add Date:||2012-01-29||Pull Date:||2012-04-01|
|Week Ending:||4 Mar||19 Feb||12 Feb||5 Feb|
|1.||Mar 16, 2013:||New World Disorder |
|4.||Jun 16, 2012:||New World Disorder |
Humanised Feat. Bajka
|2.||Oct 19, 2012:||no voices aloud |
Bond Is Back
|5.||Apr 28, 2012:||new voices aloud: admit weekend edition |
Get It Together
|3.||Jul 14, 2012:||Bouge Mood |
The Ace Of Space
|6.||Apr 08, 2012:||no voices aloud |
Get It Together, Bond Is Back
Sola Rosa – Get it Together|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 1/27/12
FUNKY electronica/soul/Latin/reggae/etc/etc from New Zealand. Total ear candy – just freaking SOOO good. I could see playing this with early Pinker Tones or the less poppy Kinky stuff – but I could see playing this with pretty much everything…
Single FCC on track 7.
1. 4:38 ***downtempo, relaxed funk with prominent (double) bass, strings. Seriously cool. Builds layers and energy throughout.
2. 4:01 ****midtempo boom-bap, cool horns, pop bass, cool female soul vocals.
3. 4:31 ***funky skank-bop with Latin horns, layers of stuff, including lovely acoustic guitar right up in the mix with farty electronics.
4. 3:31 ****super-cool funky Swing strut, terrific female vocals.
5. 3:44 ***Spanish soul on toy ukuleles, midtempo wiggle, sweet male vocals.
6. 6:23 ***midtempo Memphis Soul strut/Latin percussion funk. Whew! False ending, then pure Latin funk.
7. 4:04 FCC: “fuck” ***funk/boom-bap with squeeps, male hip hop vocals with a British tinge (think Dizzee Rascal). Theremin!
8. 4:17 ***farts and boops, funky midtempo shuffle. Female spoken word. Deeply poetic.
9. 6:25 ***boom-bap drums, lush strings. Cool uptempo wiggle, chimes… A bit of vocal chorus, gains a lot of energy. False ending, bass…
10. 4:16 ****ethereal strings, Latin percussion, twangy guitar.
11. 4:27 ***Reggae/boom-bap mashup, Jamaican toasting about pot.