|Cloud Control / Bliss Release|
|Label:||Infectious Records Ltd|
|Add Date:||2012-02-18||Pull Date:||2012-04-21|
|Week Ending:||22 Apr||15 Apr||8 Apr||1 Apr||18 Mar||11 Mar||4 Mar||26 Feb|
|1.||Sat, 23 Nov 19:||friendly acupuncturist|
the Acupuncture Hour
|4.||Fri, 06 Apr 12:||Francis D|
|2.||Wed, 18 Apr 12:||Karpediem|
Seize the Sounds
|5.||Fri, 30 Mar 12:||Francis D|
|3.||Wed, 11 Apr 12:||Matty K|
The Independent Mind
|6.||Thu, 15 Mar 12:||Alexander Stork|
|Guest DJ Account|
Indie folk with a definite psychedelic twist at times. Straight out of Australia, Bliss Release is the 4 piece Cloud Control’s debut album. While at first listen its easy to notice the catchy and beautiful vocals, with repetitive listens the psychedelic elements become more and more apparent. The vocals are a definite strong point of the album and really add to the overall indie folk feel. The uptempo songs tend to be stronger but the slower and more melodic songs work great as well. Overall, a very strong initial offering.|
Try: 4, 10, 2, 6, 3,
1. Repetitive male and female vocals. Acoustic and distorted electric guitar. Has a definite psychedelic twinge as the song progresses
2. More of an indie folk song. Dreamy guitar and male vocals.
3. Sounds like someone telling a story through a folky/psychedelic song.
4. Best track of the album. Begins as folk song, turns psychedelic in the middle, then goes back to a poppy folk song.
5. Very warm and happy. Catchy bass throughout.
6. Slower and more melodic. Beautiful male and female vocal harmonies.
7. Slower and very “droney” track. The repetitive bass and drums overshadow the vocals.
8. Very folky, almost José González like, track. Slower with only acoustic guitar and beautiful male/female vocals
9. Uptempo and bright. Catchy bass, more catchy male vocals and the occasional distorted guitar.
10. Very dreamy and delicate female vocals (think Beach House). Slow but beautiful track.
|1.||Meditation Song #2 (Why, Oh Why)||6.||This Is What I Said|
|2.||Ther's Nothing In The Water We Can't Fight||7.||Just For Now|
|3.||Death Cloud||8.||The Rolling Stones|
|4.||Ghost Story||9.||Hollow Drums|
|5.||Gold Canary||10.||My Fear #1|