|Cactus Peach / Eat|
|Add Date:||2012-06-16||Pull Date:||2012-08-19|
|Week Ending:||12 Aug||5 Aug||29 Jul||22 Jul||15 Jul||24 Jun|
|1.||Aug 08, 2012:||Summer Session |
|4.||Jul 20, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
|2.||Aug 01, 2012:||Summer Session |
|5.||Jul 13, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
|3.||Jul 25, 2012:||Summer Session |
|6.||Jun 20, 2012:||Brownian Motion |
Down Down Down
Psychedelic rock which at times becomes a bit folksy. Reminiscent of MGMT at times. Favorite tracks are 2, 4, 7, 9. No FCC’s detected.|
1) Eat (0:32): Sounds of people eating, followed by an operatic piano/vocal introduction
**2) Dreams = Heaven (3:54): Folksy, slow, relaxing.
3) Dueling Twins (4:38): Slow, distorted guitar makes for a much darker feel and a pretty interesting contrast to the lightness of the prior track.
**4) Down Down Down (3:58): Dark, midtempo, feels like Modest Mouse.
5) Tommy Elfman (4:00): slow, haunted calliope music. Speeds up to midtempo at around 1:00. Switches in and out of the two modes (slow and midtempo) throughout.
6) Telegraph (5:11): Begins with ambient noise, bass/drums kick in slowly at about 0:10. Mostly instrumental, slow, reminiscent of the introduction to Pink Floyd’s “Time” or Radiohead “All I Need”. At 4:00, silence. Then the vocals finally come in alongside drums, just repeating the word “trees”.
**7) Breathe Trees (2:55): Really, the end of the prior track is the introduction to this track. Surf-folk, midtempo. Return to the less moody feel of the second track of the album.
8) Beachy (4:59): Sleigh bells, uptempo, whistling.
**9) Ocean Memories (4:36): Slow, folksy harmonies, almost like Beach Boys. At 2:47, there’s a very pretty piano-led instrumental interlude.
10) Low Gravity (6:21): Slow, psychedelic. At about 4:00, becomes ambient noise, which persists for the rest of the track.
11) Victory (3:33): Slow, pretty, dark piano-based song.
|1.||Eat Dreams = Heaven||6.||Breathe Trees|
|3.||Down Down Down||8.||Ocean Memories|
|4.||Tommy Elfman||9.||Low Gravity|