|Letarte, Maryse / Des Pas Dans La Neige|
|Album:||Des Pas Dans La Neige||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2012-04-14||Pull Date:||2012-06-17|
|Week Ending:||22 Apr|
|1.||Apr 19, 2012:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles: A Work of Drama, etc, etc |
Anges De Neige
Des Pas Dans La Neige
Your pretentious hipster heart will be melted by the delicate and sweet voice of Maryse Letarte. She was nominated for the best pop record of the year award by ADISQ (association of quebec music producers). RIYL Yael Naim (the chick who sings the Apple Commercials circa 2010).
Reviewed by N&N
1. Slow sweet song with female vocals and acoustic guitar.
2. Mid tempo, bouncy, shoulder shaker, tango inspired with soft female vox
3. Mid/slow tempo, melodic harmonies, a coy beat.
4. Boom boom. Up beat christmas single. Melody from Hello Dolly.
5. Sad sweet song lounge song, like she's draped over a piano in a smokey poorly lit room, wrapped a long sultry red dress.
6. Slow pretty song, violin and xylophone real you in, the chorus convinces you to stay.
7. ** Up beat kettle drums, hand claps, and driving baselines layered with pretty fem vox.
8. Pensive piano. Meandering melody takes you to dark places.
9. Acapella style harmonies. Chamber music.
10. Triangle, slide whistle, piano, Maryse's poor attempt at making into KZSU's day of noise.
|1.||A Traineau Dans Le Ceil||6.||Le Mendiant De Noel|
|2.||Anges De Neige||7.||Gloria|
|3.||Entre Noel E Le Hour De L'an||8.||L'automobiliste El Le Blizzard|
|4.||Boom Boom||9.||L'annee Qui S'acheve (Epilogue)|
|5.||L'annee Qui S'acheve||10.||Longe De Decembre|