|Amad-Jamal / Barely Hanging On: The Chronicles Of A Brotha Like Rodney King|
|Album:||Barely Hanging On: The Chronicles Of A Brotha Like Rodney King||Collection:||Hip-hop|
|Add Date:||2012-02-12||Pull Date:||2012-04-15||Charts:||Hip-Hop|
|Week Ending:||25 Mar||18 Mar||11 Mar||26 Feb||19 Feb|
|1.||Sep 02, 2018:||MHz broadcast 09.02.18 |
On Point F/Doc One
|4.||Oct 31, 2016:||Everything A to Z week 65 |
Outro, Get Peace F/Dirty Twan & Gotham Green, Interlude #1
|2.||Apr 15, 2018:||MHz broadcast 04.15.18 |
Boy Meets Girl
|5.||Sep 01, 2014:||Happy Hour |
Stop F***** Around F/Maaya Ota Aka Lady Dragon
|3.||Mar 11, 2018:||MHz broadcast: 03.11.18 |
On Point F/Doc One
|6.||Jul 14, 2013:||MHz |
Amad-Jamal's long awaited release "Barely Hanging On: The Chronicles of a Brotha Like Rodney King" brings you into a in-depth political and creative journey. Features a number of production collaborations from Brisk One (1200 Hobos), DJ Dahi, to even the mastering from DJ Icewater (Berkeley / East Bay). Overall, very powerful production featuring guest appearances by: Defari, Dilated Peoples, Doc One, Lady Dragon, to Dirty Twan & Gotham Green. Although the release is a Radio Edit, track 2 has a NON-FCC lyric.|
Recommended tracks: 4, 7, 10, 11, 13, & 15 (personal favorite)
1. No-music - Short documentary style intro
2. Big Red drum break over a electronic-synthetic beat. NON-FCC "… fuck that" @ :46.
3. Beat Box intro. Boom-Bap transitions. Whaling vocal sampling.
4. Mid-tempo beat. Excellent piano sampling and lyrical flow from Dilated Peoples. Recommended.
5. Dark sounding gospel vocals and slow beats.
6. Melodic / trip-hop influence. Dark / synthetic guitar breaks. Fast change-ups on drum breaks.
7. Mellow production. Nice. head-nodding beats and the lyrical flow. Rich sounding keyboards. Recommended.
8. Nice female vocals in the chorus hooks. Mid-tempo rhythm. Nice overlaying of sampling. Track focusses on Lady Dragon's vocal talent.
9. Melodic / mid-tempo rhythm. Cleaver breaks and change-ups. Doc One provides an excellent cypher.
10. Neo-Soul / early Black Starr / Talib Kweli sounding production.Recommended.
11. Mid-tempo rhythm. Dark sounding keyboards. Sharp sounding breaks. Recommended.
12. Theatrical 70's light-rock sounding track over a slow drum beat. Eclectic sounding piano and strings sampling.
13. Funky sounding and upbeat track. Defari's lyric is very strong in delivery on this track. Recommended
14. No-music. Super short interview filler.
15. Classic 70's Motown influence. Head-nodding drum beats and lyrical flow.Very nice production.Recommended.
16. No-music. Kid and mom saying "Good Night" to different types of people.